Search the forum,

Discuss Removing dry grout from porcelain tile surface in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
I had the same problem not so long ago, firstly i tried fila ex strong residue remover, but that just seemed to make the problem worst, as it took ages for it to work and sent the black grout white. Then i spoke to the rep at LTP, and he told me to use LTP grout stain remover and lightly scrub with a white emulsiifing pad, and hey presto clean tiles and black grout again, and it really does work :thumbsup:

D

doug boardley

I think poster may have sorted it by now, this thread is over a year old:lol::lol::lol:

U

Unregistered

Hi All
Please can someone advise me as to the best way to remove dry grout from tiles?. I have read like a million different 'solutions' on the internet but came accross this forum and suspect you guys will know best.
Any help appreciated.

T

timthetiler

You can get a grout film removal product (HG, Lithofin, and Topps all do one). A scouring pad will help too. Good luck!

P

Polishtradesman

If it is cement based grout (CG2) i alweys use wire-wool ( i have used that thing to clean copper pipe before soldering), it is best thing to remove grout without use chemical substance ( you need alweys do trial before use, sometimes it leaves ping colour on tiles). If chemicals you can use phosphore acid based products already made for removing grout like Broken Link Removed

Last edited by a moderator:
E

enduro

I would use Aqua mix phosphoric acid to remove grout from tiles. open the file it has all the details for you.

Attachments

• PS01.pdf
    92.1 KB · Views: 54
Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Removing dry grout from porcelain tile surface in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen