Search the forum,

Discuss Register of 'difficult to cut' porcelain in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

David - Tradetiler

I thought it would be a good point of reference to create a register of all the known types/makes of porcelain that will not cut well on manual tile cutters (veers off score line). You end up having to wet cut the lot, causing loss of earnings due the the increased time it takes.

I will start the list:

I remember one I did, Marlbrough tiles - Rex range Marlborough Tiles - Rex Aequa

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I had trouble with these - PIETRE DI KEOPE

Ceramiche KEOPE, piastrelle in gres porcellanato, rivestimenti, pavimenti. Catalogo dei prodotti.

The heavy texture of the tile made the cuts unpredictable, getting a clean score was the problem. Some cut straight some didn't. I ended up buying a DW250 to finish the job.

No way, that brings back old memories, used to sell them at the big yellow tile shop. Love the tile, but you're right they're tough.

Used to shift loads fo their Negro and Grey (whatever that is, grigio is it?) and then beige and brown in checker pattern.

W

wetdec

Generally speaking all porcelain should cut on a good cutter, its when you try breaking with a point break system you get problems, like shearing off to one side so i have found. This is why Rubi changed their breaker system after having only used the point break system for 10 20 30 years, they knew what they were doing.

If they hadnt changed Raimondi, Sigma, Montolit would of hammered their trade as their cutters are far better on porcelain. The Italians have the experience on this point not the Spanish i'm affraid........

D

David - Tradetiler

No mater what manual tile cutter you have, some tiles will never break cleanly -

let's get a list together of those 'nightmare' tiles :yes:

D

David - Tradetiler

Need to get a list going. Like this:

Marlborough tiles - ‘Rex’ range
Topps - ‘Zamora’ range
Ceramiche Keope - ‘Pietre Di Keope’ range

D

doug boardley

villeroy & boch, fire and ice range
was taking me about a week to do 20sqm and had to do it for 3 months,-on price,
never again!:mad2:
tx700n struggled, dw200lps with rubi cpc blade wouldn't touch 'em, eventually got a 22mm wheel off you Dave and that was ok although still got a lot of wasted tiles.

Last edited by a moderator:
W

White Room

Last ones I did and a bugger to cut where "made in china" thats the only information I had:huh2:

Reply to Register of 'difficult to cut' porcelain in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen