Search the forum,

Discuss Rapid set or slow set spf? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I used to use rapid all the time but was finding I was wasting far too much time. Will use it on floors, unless its an area that isnt needed to useable in a hurry. Started using slow set on walls. Less mixing, more time, and less cleaning.

Im the same now,big floors or walls i will use rapid though

P

Peter

Use slow set everywhere unless I've to finish or walk on a floor the same day. Rapidset on walls is horrible.

Reaction score
Standard sets will generally give you a good 3 to 4 hours in the bucket, so absolutely no danger of them going off in the bucket. After fixing tiles with standard, they often skin over inbetween the tile joints in which case you can often grout the same day too!

We find that approximately 80% + of fixers use the standard on walls and if using our adhesives they provide just as good anti-slip as rapid set adhesives!!!

S

Stef

Standard sets will generally give you a good 3 to 4 hours in the bucket, so absolutely no danger of them going off in the bucket. After fixing tiles with standard, they often skin over inbetween the tile joints in which case you can often grout the same day too!

We find that approximately 80% + of fixers use the standard on walls and if using our adhesives they provide just as good anti-slip as rapid set adhesives!!!

Mark, can you send me a sample of your adhesive/grout, I have never seen it for sale up here in the outback!!

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Slow set on walls apart from above windows and into reveals. Rapid always on floors.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
Find this topic a little funny in responses. I for one will use slow set wherever possible. Much like most of the guys here. However went in to CTD today to pick up a couple of bags, was told they don't stock much of it as traders raeely buy it.

W

White Room

Would'nt mind some grout colour bits, my local supplier dos'nt have any and need to show customers.

@Mark@Tilemaster

Reaction score
No problem, where are you currently buying your products from? Could I arrange samples to be sent to them and if thats ok which products would you like to try?

Reply to Rapid set or slow set spf? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I‘ve just finished tiling the majority of my garden path. Base is concrete, and tiles are...
Replies
Views
I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen