Search the forum,

Discuss Rapid set or slow set spf? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

2020Tiling

Hi all, Just wondering if anyone uses a slow set SPF when tiling walls & floors? I tend to use rapid set on everything but I find that sometimes it sets to early in the bucket that I mix up and I end up wasting a lot.

S

Stef

Depends how quick you need to walk over the floor.

I always try & put floors down with rapid set.
Slow set on walls as there's nothing worse than fighting against the adhesive..

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
I used to use rapid all the time but was finding I was wasting far too much time. Will use it on floors, unless its an area that isnt needed to useable in a hurry. Started using slow set on walls. Less mixing, more time, and less cleaning.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I used to use rapid all the time but was finding I was wasting far too much time. Will use it on floors, unless its an area that isnt needed to useable in a hurry. Started using slow set on walls. Less mixing, more time, and less cleaning.

Im the same now,big floors or walls i will use rapid though

P

Peter

Use slow set everywhere unless I've to finish or walk on a floor the same day. Rapidset on walls is horrible.

Reaction score
Standard sets will generally give you a good 3 to 4 hours in the bucket, so absolutely no danger of them going off in the bucket. After fixing tiles with standard, they often skin over inbetween the tile joints in which case you can often grout the same day too!

We find that approximately 80% + of fixers use the standard on walls and if using our adhesives they provide just as good anti-slip as rapid set adhesives!!!

S

Stef

Standard sets will generally give you a good 3 to 4 hours in the bucket, so absolutely no danger of them going off in the bucket. After fixing tiles with standard, they often skin over inbetween the tile joints in which case you can often grout the same day too!

We find that approximately 80% + of fixers use the standard on walls and if using our adhesives they provide just as good anti-slip as rapid set adhesives!!!

Mark, can you send me a sample of your adhesive/grout, I have never seen it for sale up here in the outback!!

Reply to Rapid set or slow set spf? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen