Search the forum,

Discuss Primer in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Do you use the same primer make as the adhesive or do you use say tilemaster primer and weber adhesive.
I know manufacturers will say you have to use the same but there selling the stuff......in the real world is primer not just the same with different labels?

T

Tile Shop

Our own brand adhesive is made by palace, and the back of that recommends the Palace tiles primer. But we haven't stocked it until recently (and our adhesive has been available for around 16 years). Instead we have always supplied the BAL Bond SBR and its been fine so far. The chemical make-ups are virtually identical from one SBR to the next so I can't see it as being much of an issue.

A

Aston

Yes primers are pretty much the same although the cheaper brands can be slightly more diluted.

Most of us on here have the experience to know what to use, where and when BUT manufactures want to make as much money as possible so they use scare tactics to make us tow the line ie 'the old 'void guarantee/warranty card ??'

the best answer I can give is, after 30 years in this business covering tiling, substrate prep, plastering and construction, I know what works so I will continue to do what I know, rather than what I'm told.

I

Italy

Yes primers are pretty much the same although the cheaper brands can be slightly more diluted.

Most of us on here have the experience to know what to use, where and when BUT manufactures want to make as much money as possible so they use scare tactics to make us tow the line ie 'the old 'void guarantee/warranty card ??'

the best answer I can give is, after 30 years in this business covering tiling, substrate prep, plastering and construction, I know what works so I will continue to do what I know, rather than what I'm told.
Ops, modest ;)

Reply to Primer in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi All - I am searching for Todagres Aral Beige Pulido tile (large format - 32"x32"/ 120cm x...
Replies
Views
Landsteph
L
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen