Search the forum,

Discuss Pricing tile trim. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Millsie

TF
Reaction score
Do any of you price tile trim as an extra. Started to do some contract work and some of it has a lot of trim around boxing. Would you charge by the metre,the cut or just price work for time taken? Any advice as always appreciated.

T

Time's Ran Out

It's been a very long time since I got involved in contracts but a bill of works would usually tell you how many holes you had to cut, how many sockets to cut around, and how many edging tiles were required - amongst other items!
The cost of the trim would always be a chargeable item and the time to cut and fix it as additional labour. As they generally come in 2.4/2.5 lengths you'd need to allow for full lengths.

R

RDTiling

Sorry, now that I've re-read the post, I originally thought you were just asking about the fitting cost of the trims - which i still stand by my original post, in that it is part of my sqm rate.

However the cost to buy the trim would be a chargeable item in addition to the tile fitting cost.

Millsie

TF
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Thing is if priced on metered work as usual,some jobs have very little trim. So I feel I should charge for my time when fitting a lot of trim on other jobs.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
plastic trim would be charged as part of my m2 rate.....how much or how little tends to even it self out over time, so one charge for all works for me...

metal trim would be extra as it cost more and takes longer to fit..

Millsie

TF
Reaction score
Sorry I think there's some confusion. I charge to buy the trim + some mark up. But not to fit the trim. Last job had a lot of boxing in around pipes. Window returns, stud wall returns and a trim at half height on top of a mosaic. All corners mitred. This added up to some time. Chippys get payed by the metre to fit skirting board just wondered if same applied with fitting trim?
Thanks again to all who have replied.

Reply to Pricing tile trim. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen