Currently reading:
Pricing tile trim.

Discuss Pricing tile trim. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

Time's Ran Out

It's been a very long time since I got involved in contracts but a bill of works would usually tell you how many holes you had to cut, how many sockets to cut around, and how many edging tiles were required - amongst other items!
The cost of the trim would always be a chargeable item and the time to cut and fix it as additional labour. As they generally come in 2.4/2.5 lengths you'd need to allow for full lengths.

Sorry I think there's some confusion. I charge to buy the trim + some mark up. But not to fit the trim. Last job had a lot of boxing in around pipes. Window returns, stud wall returns and a trim at half height on top of a mosaic. All corners mitred. This added up to some time. Chippys get payed by the metre to fit skirting board just wondered if same applied with fitting trim?
Thanks again to all who have replied.

It's been a very long time since I got involved in contracts but a bill of works would usually tell you how many holes you had to cut, how many sockets to cut around, and how many edging tiles were required - amongst other items!
The cost of the trim would always be a chargeable item and the time to cut and fix it as additional labour. As they generally come in 2.4/2.5 lengths you'd need to allow for full lengths.
The estimator on my old firm would come on the job just after we had finished and would do the same, count all the sockets,holes and cuts which would be charged for.

Reply to Pricing tile trim. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, after watching so many instructional videos and planing, I just can't understand how to tile a simple drywall construction in our bathroom. I got some good advice here so I hope you guys...
Replies
Views
  • Suggestion
Post a New Thread for Each Tiling Job Completed. Rather than using the Show us Your Work Thread - which has more than 500,000 views, and thousands of posts to scroll through - we thought it would...
Replies
Views
Morning All! I thought it was about time to start a new Good Morning Thread. The old thread can be found HERE but is quite long so not as easy to find specific posts. So tell us what you are up...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement