Search the forum,

Discuss Pricing crisis in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I

Ian

When I was a newbie I used to price everything by the metre. I remember doing a block of 14 flats and priced the kitchen splash backs at £20 per m and they were 2.35 m2 each £47 per kitchen! Only managed one a day as I'd only been tiling 12 months or so. Hard way to learn my lesson.

R

RDTiling

When I was a newbie I used to price everything by the metre. I remember doing a block of 14 flats and priced the kitchen splash backs at £20 per m and they were 2.35 m2 each £47 per kitchen! Only managed one a day as I'd only been tiling 12 months or so. Hard way to learn my lesson.

A lesson I am learning now, but I'm getting better at estimating number of hours involved.

i completely agree with the post Neale put on that thread, with regards to starting out cheap and you'll get a reputation for it - I'm learning that lesson too!

S

Stef

Know the feeling Bri, been there done that!!
Kitchens are probably the worst as you look at it & say 5m2, doddle then look at the clock 6hrs later & your still at it.
Over the years you get an eye for it but there's always 1 or 2 a year that catch you out!!

I

Ian

Know the feeling Bri, been there done that!!
Kitchens are probably the worst as you look at it & say 5m2, doddle then look at the clock 6hrs later & your still at it.
Over the years you get an eye for it but there's always 1 or 2 a year that catch you out!!

Absolutely mate, it's always the small jobs that catch me out, I never make mistakes with the full houses, probably because I give the big quotes more attention.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Absolutely mate, it's always the small jobs that catch me out, I never make mistakes with the full houses, probably because I give the big quotes more attention.

And add a couple of hundred for contingency, something you can't do on a kitchen splash back

Reply to Pricing crisis in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
I'm searching for 42 pieces of 12" x 12" Verde Alpi marble tiles. Preferably honed. 12" x 24"...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen