Search the forum,

Discuss Polished marble sealing in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Sean SML Tiling

Im just about to do my bathroom in polished marble and its the first time ive worked with stone. Been doing research on marble amd alit of people are saying seal before and after and some saying just after. What would you guys recommend

W

White Room

I sealed after but kept everything clean..

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Sean SML Tiling

Cheers mark. So you recommend cleaning back of the stone with a damp cloth too?

J

jonnyc

if marble is dry you could preseal before fixing, but time consuming.
it is easy to take any adhesive off without staining so better to wait till finished and marble dry and then seal.
i would use mn stainstop . watch you dont get runs down tiles on wall. you can buff mn stainstop with stockinette

S

Sean SML Tiling

Thanks jonny. Im really looking forward to taking this on and im glad its my bathroom as my fordt stone job. Will definitely post pics of the job and appreciate any feedback from anyone

J

J Sid

I always lay, clean and let dry, seal and let dry, grout, next day clean and then final seal when i am sure it completely dry. By far the hardest bit will be keeping everyone off it.
Enjoy.

M

m3fitter

polish the exposed edges of the tiles, prior to fixing with a Flex polisher, 340 grade then 600 grade to match the face of the tile, chamfer it slightly for a pro bespoke look, better than using trim... trims not a good look with natural stone

A

ailsa

There is no need for confusion or problems brought about by misidentification of a surface type, yet it happens all too often. If you would like to see why this is the case and how to properly identify a surfacing material.Marble Polishing Process' reduces disintegration and crumbling of the surface under hard mechanical wear and weathering. The surface becomes approximately 10 times harder than an untreated marble surface.Surface is very smooth and not very porous
Polished crystals bring out brilliant colors and grains (400 to 3500 grit to polish stone)
Shine comes from the natural reflection of the stone’s crystals
Polish can wear away due to heavy foot traffic and improper maintenance

F

Flintstone

I usually seal it once all tiled, clean it all up, seal it, then grout it the next day

Reply to Polished marble sealing in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen