Search the forum,

Discuss Plasplugs trowels!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

monty

Hello everyone,

Can anyone give me any feedback on the plasplugs trowels and tile nippers, They seem very cheap.

Plasplugs - Tiling Tools & Accessories

Thank you in advance.

Monty :shades_smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Grace'sDad

Hi M8 I use a plasplugs grout float and it's still my favourite. Also used a plasplugs trowel which rusted in no time - not recommended.

Buy cheap - buy twice
(apart from grout floats:))

R

ryanbrown

I quite like plasplugs trowels because there rust free and not too heavy.
Pretty nice being able to just dump your adhesive encrusted trowel in a bucket of water knowing it isnt going to corode, then you can clean when you want to.
----
if you get the rust free plaslugs trowel they should last you a good year or two before warping.
----
i paid about £9 or something for plasplugs rust free trowel - not much more for a ruby one though with a nice rubber handle and better riveting - i dont know if they are rust proof though.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

GazTech

I quite like plasplugs trowels because there rust free and not too heavy.
Pretty nice being able to just dump your adhesive encrusted trowel in a bucket of water knowing it isnt going to corode, then you can clean when you want to.
----
if you get the rust free plaslugs trowel they should last you a good year or two before warping.
----
i paid about £9 or something for plasplugs rust free trowel - not much more for a ruby one though with a nice rubber handle and better riveting - i dont know if they are rust proof though.
All this talk of rusting tools...if after cleaning your trowels..just dry them with towel.....Gaz

V

versatilene

I agree with Gaz, I always clean and dry my gear after I've used it. I Take as much pride over the kit as I do with the tiling. It makes working much easier if your not scraping hard adhesive off rusty trowels at the beginning of the day.
( I've even been known to smear oil on them if there not going to be used for a few days.

G

GazTech

I agree with Gaz, I always clean and dry my gear after I've used it. I Take as much pride over the kit as I do with the tiling. It makes working much easier if your not scraping hard adhesive off rusty trowels at the beginning of the day.
( I've even been known to smear oil on them if there not going to be used for a few days.
Well said..your tools of the profession are your lifeline..you look after them...and they will look after you....Gaz

F

Fekin

All this talk of rusting tools...if after cleaning your trowels..just dry them with towel.....Gaz

Clean trowels after using them.... and miss out on the fun of hacking dried cement of them the morning of a job ?!?!, nooooo tahnnks :p

I should start giveing'em to the wife when shes doing the dishes :D

Reply to Plasplugs trowels!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, first time posting. I’m in the middle of tiling my own bathroom, first time having a go at...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm looking to tile the entirety of our small patio area with either brick slips or...
Replies
Views
Moved this as I incorrectly posted in the Pro forum! Hi all, Finally getting to lay the tiles in...
Replies
Views
Has anyone ever used CTI for sticking tiles to a wall. I'm new to tiling and want to install a...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I have redone the tiles (porcelain ones) in the kitchen. The grout used, BAL...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen