Search the forum,

Discuss Opening up the Rubi / Sigma debate again.........sorry! in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Stef

Thanks Stef.
Have you replaced all your Rubis with Sigmas or do you still use both manufacturers?
i can't afford to replace my small and medium cutters too so will have to mix and match if I go the Sigma route....is that likely to mess with my technique?

I had a ts40 & 60 (which I sold to Ash) & a TR400.
I've still got the 400 & have used it once in the last year, bought a Sigma 2G that's getting easier to use (it's a pull cut)
I used a TX700 last week & it's still as easy to jump between the two makes.
I wouldn't go back to Rubi as I love the sigma, cut is so smooth & once tile is scored you flick up the handle to bring breaker down & flick down on handle to snap tile in the one movement..

M

Mr Tiler

i was wayyy towards the sigma when i worked with neal it was amazing, but after using the tx 700's they are just as good as each other tbh... so whichever you can find for the cheapest snap em up lol

S

Stef

how do you sort it Stef? I'm seriously thinking of replacing my nearly worn out Rubi's for sigmas.

Doug I line up the bottom, closest, mark to me on the measure bar & move the top mark accordingly with my eye line, it's hard to describe.
I move the top mark about 1mm or just a bit more & can hit the mark bang on every time, it took me a couple of weeks before I got the real hang of it though.
Others might use a different technique but this works for me.

D

Daz

I guess I'm gonna have to chat with Dave at Tradetiler as he always sets me on the right path :lol:

S

Stef

I guess I'm gonna have to chat with Dave at Tradetiler as he always sets me on the right path :lol:

Dave will see you right.

My boy, whom I've just got shot of, still couldn't line up a tile on the sigmas after a year & a half, to be fair he would never have made it as a tiler as he just didn't have it..

M

Mr Tiler

Dave will see you right.

My boy, whom I've just got shot of, still couldn't line up a tile on the sigmas after a year & a half, to be fair he would never have made it as a tiler as he just didn't have it..

bluddy hell mate was he family or something? even i would of got rid of him lmao!

M

Mr Tiler

wish u lived down here we would of mate a good team haha! instead i got mardy neale hahaha only jokin

S

Stef

wish u lived down here we would of mate a good team haha! instead i got mardy neale hahaha only jokin

I wish you were up here Ash I would have taken you on, I'm flat out.
Sat on Wednesday night to sort out quotes & my diary & have 18 jobs sitting.
I got another 5 phone calls by 9.00pm last night.
It's great being popular... [emoji27][emoji27]

M

Mr Tiler

at least your busy mate there will be that time that you wish the Phone was rining sometime in the next 3 years lol

Reply to Opening up the Rubi / Sigma debate again.........sorry! in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen