Search the forum,

Discuss online translator in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I have some PDF's written in German about the new legislation in Europe geared towards banning the use of hand laid, hand compacted floor screeds. I want to translate them to English so I can read them. Does anyone know of a good online translator that I could use. I have tried several and they all seem to only want to translate web pages and the like. Can't find one that will translate a file on my laptop.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
MG - there are 4 documents each of between 10 and 30 pages.

Oli - How?

U

user123

Ajax, go on the Google main page, to the menu on top left where it says 'More', click on that and then choose/click on 'Translate', you will find a box and a choice of languages, copy your document page, just one at a time, paste into the box and click on translate, then copy the result and save into a new word document. But online translators are limited, it will not be perfect, it depends how accurate you need things to be.

For accurate translations you need a 'proper' human translator, the rate when I did it used to be around £100 for 1000 words, I could still do that for you, being German ( I came here as a technical translator) but if you just want a vague idea google translate is as good as any of the other online ones.

Another good one, that works more specifically is this one, free to download: Lingoes -- free dictionary and full text translation software :thumbsup:

S

Scott

I used to use Babelfish when i first started seeing an ex girlfriend. Was good but couldnt do anything with the grammar

Reply to online translator in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen