Search the forum,

Discuss One sealer to seal: Polished porcelain, Honed Travertine & A Slate Hearth???? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

CapitanPugwash

Hi All

I've just laid some polished black 600 x 300 porcelain tiles under a range cooker in a kitchen. Only 1.5 sqm

In the living room I'm laying a one piece slate hearth 1300mm x 400mm.

The bathroom is floor to ceiling honed travertine and needs sealing after 2 years.

The splashback to the cooker is a glass mosaic with dark silicone which will also need sealing because of the exposure to grease splashes etc

So the question is: Is there one product out there that will seal all of these? I have a Topps a 100m from here and they have recommended one for the porcelain that will cover 25 sqm but costs £32, one for the travertine - another £30+ etc etc. I'm not going to be doing that. :yikes:

Shelf life on many sealers once opened is less than a year so I've always ended throwing away massive bottles after a couple of years in the shed. Is there one (or at a push 2) products that will serve my purposes and cost £10ish each for a small bottle?

Cheers

CP

ps the slate provider suggested using WD40 to get a nice strong dark finish on the slate- will this work?

OR... anyone in or near Slough who could supply a mug full for the porcelain for a fiver?

Last edited by a moderator:
C

CapitanPugwash

Thank-you very much all. One of the LTP products claims to do all of the above and I'll have a look at the drytreat too. Cheers, CP

Reply to One sealer to seal: Polished porcelain, Honed Travertine & A Slate Hearth???? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen