Search the forum,

Discuss New Tilers Support - 1 in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

Re: Any new tilers stuck at all, with anything?

rectified edges are just that the edges of the tiles are cut perfectly sqaure no chamfer to edges of tiles, as regards to 2,3 4, + mm grout joints, bs 5385 does not state grout joint widths as these can vary form tile 2 tile depening on tile format and type of tile used.

V

Varley

Seal plywood using acrylic primer (if possible from same manufacturer as the adhesive you will be using).

M

MFC Tiling

Thanks for all your help. If the edges are chamfered should I go 5mm. Anything else I need to know before laying these? Will a Rubi 600 cut them?

G

GazLC81

How much more difficult is it to tile a floor that is slanted? It's quite noticeable but other than that the surface is flat (no big chucks missing etc)

It's 10m2 and quoteing at about £270 all in for 12x12 ceramic (cheap B&Q ones)

to cheap or too much???

Thanks

W

wivers

Are you tiling to the slant mate or trying to make level?

G

GazLC81

Tiling to the slant, the bloke said he had someone else say they wouldn't do it.....

V

Varley

Have never done this type of job myself mate, but I would imagine it wouldn't be much different, as long as it's flat, but like I said, I haven't done one so I could be way out.

W

wivers

I have had to tile a floor that was slanted. Same thing, the customer just wanted it done whatever the outcome. Just tile as normal if the floot is flat and the tiles will lay to the slant. Just be sure you get the customer to sign something saying they wanted to go ahead without rectifing the problem.
Also i would probably have gone a bit higher withe the price m8 but that aint too far off :). Around £30 per sqm for floors is what i look to get including the bits, but its your call m8 and if you think that price wins you the job then thats what matters to start with. Good luck mate.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Customizer

Re: Movement Joints?

Hi, I plan to tile my kitchen/dining room floor but there is two different surfaces. Mostly floorboards, but also a small section of conrete about 2 square metre. The surface needs plywood and self leveling to make level. Is there any way that I can avoid using a movement joint?

Reply to New Tilers Support - 1 in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen