Search the forum,

Discuss New Tilers Support - 1 in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

Re: Any new tilers stuck at all, with anything?

Hi Dan
Just priced job for three small bathrooms. Two of them have chip board floor so i guess i will need to pva them before tiling. never done this so could you give me a few pointers?

Cheers.

hi paul. i used to use ply method on timber floors but for past year or so have been using ditra mat by schluter it is easy to lay and is excellent for bathrooms with there high humidity , and no problems with water ingression through grout joints causing any sub-floors to swell with moisture, give it a go you'll never use nowt else.GOOD LUCK MATE. p.s.
SCHLUTER have an installation manual you can down load

V

Varley

strip all the paint,prime with acrylic primer and tile using BAL mosaic fix,flexible grout is required
icon14.gif
recommendation for grout is BAL with GT1 additive,hope this helps regards Gaz

Spot on Gaz :wink_smile:

M

MFC Tiling

Hi Dan

Doing my first porcelain floor next week (Black polished). About 45m, kitchen running thru to utility the loo. what size grout line should I go with? Can I lay them then seal them before grouting?

MFC, Wexford, Ireland

D

DHTiling

if it has rectified edges a 2mm joint will look fine as for sealing i would as this help fill any pores in the tile face thus helps with the cleaning of the floor

G

GazTech

Hi Dan

Doing my first porcelain floor next week (Black polished). About 45m, kitchen running thru to utility the loo. what size grout line should I go with? Can I lay them then seal them before grouting?

MFC, Wexford, Ireland
2mm grout line lovely,polished porcelain must be sealed,recommended product Fila polished porcelain impregnator available from guess who! damn I dont think topps are in ireland are they?

D

DHTiling

if it has rectified edges a 2mm joint will look fine as for sealing i would as this help fill any pores in the tile face thus helps with the cleaning of the floor

also try using lithofinFZ protective impregnator especially for porcelain tiles and offer customer lithofinFX conditioning cleaner for after care of tiles. hope this helps..

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

I think 3mm is british standard for floors. 2mm for walls.

G

GazTech

I think 3mm is british standard for floors. 2mm for walls.
How can there be a british standard for a tile joint?Surely its down to personal preferance?:confused:

M

MFC Tiling

Thanks for that. What are rectified edges? Seal before or after laying?

Reply to New Tilers Support - 1 in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen