Discuss New Cutter Time - Rubi TP-66-T or Sigma - or Double Rail in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums.com.

McLovin

TF
Reaction score
Cutting the last few 50x50 10mm ceramic floor tiles yesterday(terrible homebase tiles). Should have had 4 tiles left over and ended up having none.

Using my rubi TS-60 Plus. I think the breaker has had it and its £100 for a new one so have decided to go cutter shopping. I also have a rubi TX700N. Love how it snaps but can't stand how I need to set the bar for straight cuts. It it takes a knock when Im working in a small area it cuts on the wonk. Not a major thing but its a pain.

Trying to decide on a new cutter. I have only ever used rubi and dual rail cutters. The sigma seems to cut very cleanly and I like the even pressure system. However I can get the rubi cutter for nothing with Topps Tiles reward vouchers.

With the single rails how difficult is the sight line? This is what I love about my current rubi cutters.

It needs to be a push cutter. Pull cutter will feel like starting from scratch.

Lots of sigma types. What do people recommend?

I have seen every video on every cutter on the net. Girlfriend thinks I have an obsession.

Sorry to start the Sigma rubi thing again!

Last edited:
I

Italy

dizzy-smiley-emoticon.gif
great!!!!

A

AndY mac

I had rubi for years until I was working on a job with sigma die hards years ago seen the results no comparison got on to sigmas 15 years ago took me about three days to get use to single rail. Trust me you'll never go back to rubi. You're speed and quality of work will improve mostly because of the measuring bar. What ever size you decide on get the max handle.

McLovin

TF
Reaction score
I had rubi for years until I was working on a job with sigma die hards years ago seen the results no comparison got on to sigmas 15 years ago took me about three days to get use to single rail. Trust me you'll never go back to rubi. You're speed and quality of work will improve mostly because of the measuring bar. What ever size you decide on get the max handle.
What one would recommend mate? I have seen results with the sigma. They look ace!

McLovin

TF
Reaction score
The one I use the most is the 3c3m max.

Thats the one I have been looking at : Sigma 3C3M MAX Professional Tile Cutter 72cm | Buy Sigma Series 3 MAX Tile Cutters Online from Pro Tiler Tools - http://www.*******************/sigma-series-3-max-tile-cutters/35125/sigma-3c3m-max-professional-tile-cutter-72cm

Reply to New Cutter Time - Rubi TP-66-T or Sigma - or Double Rail in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay