Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss need help/advice finding tilers workforce in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

D

Dumbo

Please checkout the following advertisement.
It would seem your best bet would be to employ people on the commercial work where you can keep an eye on them and if you feel you can trust them you could then move the onto domestic although some commercial guys will have no interest in domestic ..
As for saying some people are petty on here won't help your cause as most on here have some sort of relationship even if some or most are online eventually people who shut up shop on you I am not saying though that you should kiss butt either .

OP
D

DanEwen

TF
Reaction score
Pretty sure he was referring to the second post, about the "find a tiler" suggestion.
I know what he was taking about. He never asked me or gave me and information just “find a tiler” am not here to find a tiler am here to talk to other contractors that have/are in the same/similar position and can give useful information.

OP
D

DanEwen

TF
Reaction score
It would seem your best bet would be to employ people on the commercial work where you can keep an eye on them and if you feel you can trust them you could then move the onto domestic although some commercial guys will have no interest in domestic ..
As for saying some people are petty on here won't help your cause as most on here have some sort of relationship even if some or most are online eventually people who shut up shop on you I am not saying though that you should kiss butt either .
Thanks again for replying. Going to be a tricky one as the commercial work is nation wide and domestic work local

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Its easy really, you employ someone, if he is good u keep, if he is dog poo you get shut ? And its true, im really petty when it comes to rude folk ;)

OP
D

DanEwen

TF
Reaction score
Its easy really, you employ someone, if he is good u keep, if he is dog poo you get shut ? And its true, im really petty when it comes to rude folk ;)
Who’s rude like ? Your the only one on this thread that called someone names.

How many people do you employ?

T

Tile Shop

"How many people do you employ?" Oh, please let's not turn this into a "my ****'s bigger than your's" type argument.

If a definitive reply to your question were that simple, you wouldn't even be on here asking, so take peoples advice, or don't, the choice is yours. But looking back through the thread, you were the first one that showed signs of needing an attitude adjustment.

Your first "not helpful" comment was arrogant, but calling people petty was damn disrespectful. You were lucky to get any form of reply after that.

OP
D

DanEwen

TF
Reaction score
"How many people do you employ?" Oh, please let's not turn this into a "my ****'s bigger than your's" type argument.

If a definitive reply to your question were that simple, you wouldn't even be on here asking, so take peoples advice, or don't, the choice is yours. But looking back through the thread, you were the first one that showed signs of needing an attitude adjustment.

Your first "not helpful" comment was arrogant, but calling people petty was damn disrespectful. You were lucky to get any form of reply after that.
This isn’t even an argument. I came here to ask advice. And his first comment wasn’t helpful to me. What’s your problem ? I was asking how many people he employs as to how much input he has on this matter. I couldn’t care if he employs 1 person or 10 people. I now have people having a go at me because and am being disrespectful. Looks to me like your a bunch of bullies that sit behind a keyboard having a go at people if you don’t like the reply they give.

To the few people that have gave positive/constructive feed back (the type of replies I was looking for) I thank you.

Am actually laughing at how pathetic this has became over a comment that wasn’t at all helpful to me. You lot should be ashamed.

T

Tile Shop

Laugh all you want, but you're obviously the only one who didn't see, intended or not, how it came across.

But the suggestion of using the forum was actually a good one and not one to turn your nose up at. We regularly get big contractors on here advertising available work. In the absence of any single go-to place, its at least a starting point. Although there are a hundred or so members that have regular input, there are thousands of members who sign in just to observe threads looking for opportunities.
Tilers: find tiling jobs listed here - https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tiling-jobs/

List the jobs you have, areas they are in and total meterage (no rates of pay in the open forum), and people should start sending you PM's with interest for more details.

You can ask for their experience, references and view their portfolio's of work, but as has already been said, vetting will be very difficult until you can make time to babysit a few people and see them start fixing anything. You can then get back on the tools or start employing more when the previous can be trusted to work off their own backs.

Also, fair play to you for getting the work in, but it would also help not to bite off more than you can chew. As nice as it is to have offers of work coming in, ask yourself if it's achievable with the manpower you already have before accepting.

Good luck.

W

Waluigi

Good luck with your search, Dan Ewen. I’m very tempted to offer my services but would like to discuss how much you would be contributing towards my Pension Scheme?

OP
D

DanEwen

TF
Reaction score
If you talk to people who you employ like you've replied to the people who have given you advice you've got no chance of getting anybody to help you, you sanctimonious @rse
So your another one that has just commented to have a go at me. How can you be bothered you not got anything better to do.

OP
D

DanEwen

TF
Reaction score
Laugh all you want, but you're obviously the only one who didn't see, intended or not, how it came across.

But the suggestion of using the forum was actually a good one and not one to turn your nose up at. We regularly get big contractors on here advertising available work. In the absence of any single go-to place, its at least a starting point. Although there are a hundred or so members that have regular input, there are thousands of members who sign in just to observe threads looking for opportunities.
Tilers: find tiling jobs listed here - https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tiling-jobs/

List the jobs you have, areas they are in and total meterage (no rates of pay in the open forum), and people should start sending you PM's with interest for more details.

You can ask for their experience, references and view their portfolio's of work, but as has already been said, vetting will be very difficult until you can make time to babysit a few people and see them start fixing anything. You can then get back on the tools or start employing more when the previous can be trusted to work off their own backs.

Also, fair play to you for getting the work in, but it would also help not to bite off more than you can chew. As nice as it is to have offers of work coming in, ask yourself if it's achievable with the manpower you already have before accepting.

Good luck.
Thanks Paul that’s much more helpful and the type of reply I am looking for. I have been nothing but nice to the few that have commented with there views and helpful input. It will be taken on board.
I feel at the moment that am turning more work away than am getting. Trying to get builders/clients waiting for me as current wait time is over 4 months and people won’t wait that long especially builders. And not wanting to let these people down or get bad tilers in to do the work. But I can only do what I can do. We have been working 7 days for the past 6 weeks trying to keep our clients happy but it’s not sustainable. I will be in a box before am 40 Am always very honest with clients and if I say am going to be there I always am or let them know well in advance if there is a slight delay.
Like I say I have no one to turn to, to ask these questions but honestly coming here has put me down slightly all I wanted was advice but being called names isn’t what I was looking for.

Again thanks for reply

OP
D

DanEwen

TF
Reaction score
Good luck with your search, Dan Ewen. I’m very tempted to offer my services but would like to discuss how much you would be contributing towards my Pension Scheme?
Depending on the rate of pay determines how much is payed into the pension scheme. My admin sorts all that out. But everything is above board here. Fair wages for fair work

Reaction score
Dan, it's commendable that you don't want to employ pillocks what say they can do a job when they can't so hat off to you for that & you are willing to pay decent money. So going back to the very first post you received you replied "This really wasn’t helpful. But thanks for the comment" which you had a right to do so that's your prerogative but if you had scrolled down to the bottom of the page you would have found the link which you were told about, but no you then stick a dislike with your reply, which has obviously got a few peoples backs up, because they feel the advice given to you was good which is why you've now getting pelters for.
So maybe it wasn't the answer you expected or were looking for but you could have asked by what Plan Tec meant to which I believe he would have elaborated more for you. All anybody wants to do on this forum is to provide you with the correct information to the questions you ask with the facts you provide. You can tell me to go blow you if you like but it's black & white & good luck with who every you take on

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Who’s rude like ? Your the only one on this thread that called someone names.

How many people do you employ?
I thought with saying you are rude, I was being nice,I could of said a lot worse while hiding myself behind my keyboard ,shi tting my self :)
So instead of being a dick and saying to the plantec bloke “your not helpful “ you could of said “ ah good idea, cos I’m looking to employ tilers , looking at a thread where people are looking for work, it’s a bloody good idea”

Also I employ 1 now,can’t be bothered employing more again, I find I can make a good do more or less on my own without the hassle of employing .
Thanks for the reply ,all my love, widler

Reply to need help/advice finding tilers workforce in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock