Discuss need help/advice finding tilers workforce in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Have you thought about taking someone on to train up..?
Within a couple weeks you can have them grouting to help push jobs along.
It's the route we went down in the end, one of the lads I trained up is still tiling to this day......
( Obviously not as good as me )
:):)

Reaction score
Andy hope you've got some antihistamines to hand because your going to need to pop a couple to bring down the size of your head you vain bugger:grinning::grinning:

DanEwen

TF
Reaction score
Have you thought about taking someone on to train up..?
Within a couple weeks you can have them grouting to help push jobs along.
It's the route we went down in the end, one of the lads I trained up is still tiling to this day......
( Obviously not as good as me )
:):)
Thanks Andy. I do have an apprentice he’s been on about 9 months now been going to college for past 6 months and he’s coming along well. Hard to remember what I was like as an apprentice it’s definitely the best way to do it. Just need fixers to help with the abundance of work coming in but around here all the good tilers are self employed and really busy or not good at all and working for larger companies. Appreciate the message

DanEwen

TF
Reaction score
Dan, it's commendable that you don't want to employ pillocks what say they can do a job when they can't so hat off to you for that & you are willing to pay decent money. So going back to the very first post you received you replied "This really wasn’t helpful. But thanks for the comment" which you had a right to do so that's your prerogative but if you had scrolled down to the bottom of the page you would have found the link which you were told about, but no you then stick a dislike with your reply, which has obviously got a few peoples backs up, because they feel the advice given to you was good which is why you've now getting pelters for.
So maybe it wasn't the answer you expected or were looking for but you could have asked by what Plan Tec meant to which I believe he would have elaborated more for you. All anybody wants to do on this forum is to provide you with the correct information to the questions you ask with the facts you provide. You can tell me to go blow you if you like but it's black & white & good luck with who every you take on
Sorry missed this reply. What I meant about not being helpful is that all he put was find a tiler tab I don’t use this site and don’t know my way around am sure if he explained a bit more I would have understood. I had no idea he put a link about it. If so then that’s my bad and apologise. But am new here only been on twice so you would think the more experienced people could advise like you just have and would have solved this instead of other members ganging up on me to make me out to be an arsehole. If someone wants to come at me I can stand on my own two feet. Thanks for the message

Reaction score
Dan, you wouldn't be in business if you could not, so now that's all cleared up it can be put to lost in translation, good luck hope you get the people you need on board

W

Waluigi

After reading the thread and trying to be objective about the responses I decided to look at Plan Tecs original reply which was ‘Use our 'find a tiler' section of the forum’

I then clicked on the forum tab right at the top of the page which lead me to the main forum index and there right at the top of the page was the ‘Find a Tiler’ section.

A straightforward response from Plan Tec and also incredibly easy to find the section he mentions.

To put it bluntly, Plan Tecs reply states the best way this forum can assist you in finding a Tiler.

DanEwen

TF
Reaction score
After reading the thread and trying to be objective about the responses I decided to look at Plan Tecs original reply which was ‘Use our 'find a tiler' section of the forum’

I then clicked on the forum tab right at the top of the page which lead me to the main forum index and there right at the top of the page was the ‘Find a Tiler’ section.

A straightforward response from Plan Tec and also incredibly easy to find the section he mentions.

To put it bluntly, Plan Tecs reply states the best way this forum can assist you in finding a Tiler.
This is my point. I haven’t came here to find a tiler I came to talk to other tilers/contractors that employ tilers and what there process is for finding reliable workforce. And how they deal with good/bad tilers on both commercial and domestic settings. This could be my fault as it obviously didn’t come across like that. But that’s what I was looking for in coming here. But again the more experienced members here could have advised better. Never mind a few people have been helpful and grateful they have took the time to reply

Reaction score
Dan, you can advertise to find a tiler on that tab it's a two-way street that tab,.Just out of curiosity how long have you been a tiler ,& by this it's not to judge you

Q

Qwerty

I know what he was taking about. He never asked me or gave me and information just “find a tiler” am not here to find a tiler am here to talk to other contractors that have/are in the same/similar position and can give useful information.

You asked 'for any help' which I kindly provided. If the community spirit of a forum isnt for you then I suggest you go elsewhere to look for advice.

I read & check EVERY single post on the forum. Myself and the other staff members have enough work to do without elaborating in detail on every post we make.

F

Flintstone

I thought I was reading that other tiling page for a moment. Come on chaps, all it's a bit embarrassing.

DanEwen

TF
Reaction score
Dan, you can advertise to find a tiler on that tab it's a two-way street that tab,.Just out of curiosity how long have you been a tiler ,& by this it's not to judge you
Been Tiling for 18 years now. Only job I have ever had (apart from paper round and milk round lol)

Reaction score
so your not green around the gills m8 so you should be able to get the feel for a person by talking shop with them & over that conversion get an understanding if they can walk the walk or there trying to baffle you with Bu11shit

Reply to need help/advice finding tilers workforce in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks