Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss need help/advice finding tilers workforce in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

DanEwen

TF
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
To tile contractors that hire tilers, where do you advertise to find tilers to fill the rolls ? I have more work than I can cope with but don't know where to find decent tilers. Also whats your process in vetting new staff ? Like probation times etc

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated

B

Bill

To tile contractors that hire tilers, where do you advertise to find tilers to fill the rolls ? I have more work than I can cope with but don't know where to find decent tilers. Also whats your process in vetting new staff ? Like probation times etc

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated
Pay peanuts, get monkeys is a term used a lot - I wonder why?

D

Dumbo

When you say more work than you can handle , is that domestic work, because if it is you will struggle . If it's commercial the job should be big enough for you to work along side and keep an eye on things .

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I bet dan struggles with finding anyone, seems to have the bedside manner of a naked shaved babboon :(
Ps you could slways go in the find a tiler thread, see if anyone is looking for work in your area, not sure if anyone has mentioned that yet

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Fact is most excellent tilers are earning good money for themselves.
Not to say there's no good tilers out there willing to sub out there expertise.
But you have to be prepared to pay them well.
To sort out the wheat from the chaff you have to keep an eye on them, you can soon see who the chancer's are.
I once employed 10 sub contractors doing site work and it was a full time job keeping an eye on them all ...

Domestic work is even worse to sub out.
As a finishing trade customers are buying into your work, and not some lacky you send in your place...!

Boggs

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
To sort out the wheat from the chaff you have to keep an eye on them, you can soon see who the chancer's are.
I once employed 10 sub contractors doing site work and it was a full time job keeping an eye on them all ...

As a finishing trade customers are buying into your work, and not some lacky you send in your place...!

What’s going on?!

Perfect grammar and spelling...:D

OP
D

DanEwen

TF
Reaction score

This is the kind of reply I was looking for. Thanks for taking time to reply. Looking for contractors that have experience in subbing out work and employing tilers. I have both commercial and domestic work coming in and having no one to ask these questions to hence coming here. Sounds like a few people here are petty.
Appreciate the input will take it on board

OP
D

DanEwen

TF
Reaction score
When you say more work than you can handle , is that domestic work, because if it is you will struggle . If it's commercial the job should be big enough for you to work along side and keep an eye on things .
Both commercial and domestic work mate. Would you give a tiler a small bathroom to try out first to see the quality of their work so if anything needs putting right it’s not to much of a headache. I understand about the commercial work and easier to keep an eye on them. Thanks for your input

Reply to need help/advice finding tilers workforce in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock