Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Need advise on which backer board works best in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
I've used Hardie backer for a number of years now & even though I've never had any come backs from it ,it's a mess process when cutting, So I know I've mentioned Delta board previously was curious to get anybodies thought on this or another product
similar please
Thank you

F

Flintstone

Delta board is great, what do you want to know ? 10mm for floors for me, as long as the floor is sound and no deflection

W

Waluigi

Andy Rhodes- did I read somewhere that you use Hardiebacker on walls?

I’d go for any XPS board over Hardie. Much easier to cut, transport and fix. I tend to use Orbry Board for all my lightweight Tile backer board needs.

I still use the 6mm HB on floors thought from time to time.

OP
Andy Rhodes
Reaction score
It's a hall & lounge on floorboards roughly 25m2 was thinking along the lines of nothing less than 10mm, like I mentioned earlier I've used hardiebacker 12mm on both walls & floors with no comebacks

OP
Andy Rhodes
Reaction score
sorry Waluigi yes on my son's fireplace fixed it with fixed it with weber set plus with the AD250 mixed into the https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ , but not been back to see if it's took fingers crossed it has

O

One Day

If you're built like Shrek hardibacker should be easy?!
Personally I use loads of Delta board or kerdi if the budget allows.

W

Waluigi

sorry Waluigi yes on my son's fireplace fixed it with fixed it with weber set plus with the AD250 mixed into the https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ , but not been back to see if it's took fingers crossed it has

Onto brick/block? Mechanical fixings are needed...........

OP
Andy Rhodes
Reaction score
Impish thanks for that, yes I'm as ugly & as big as him lol, No seriously Hardie backer is heavier & bloody mess to say the less so that why I'm looking for an alternative board yes the price is important but not if the board does its job,Waluigi thanks I will now mechanically fix the hardiebacker to the wall will 100mm screws & washers thanks

O

On one

If it was a straight forward overboard(no ufh) it would still be Hardie 250 for me.
If it was UFH on top of an overboard, 10mm Marmox or Wedi

Ttt1601

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
For me it's nmp on floors, xps on walls, as general rule, even with the extra labour of adding more timbers to give 300mm centers the ease of xps makes it worth it,

Reply to Need advise on which backer board works best in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock