Search the forum,

Discuss My little loft conversion in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

Perry

No i was going to go for a coloured monocouche finish like K-rend r Weber. Its got a textured finish but cant seem to get supply of it!

I reckon ill end up having to go t for normal render with a painted finish
Render outside no lights

thats why i used that gear in the end the render was a lot of work and i couldent do it myself

S

Scott

No Pete, I've never done it before but now looking at the process wish i was giving it a go. If i had more time to be honest id like to but you know how these things are. Sometimes although you could probably do a job its better to just gt someone in to do it for you as its quicker and allows you time to do other things.

I was concerned with the setting out around the windows and that still concerns me as there are a lot of factors to make it lk nice. Same as our tiling really only we can adjust ours laterally and the roof tiles only have a small amount of movement in either direction.

Having said all that i do have to get the gear up there for him as that was the deal on the price he gave me. 3000 large pan tiles and 2700 plain tiles! Not looking frward to that one!:oops:

P

Perry

No Pete, I've never done it before but now looking at the process wish i was giving it a go. If i had more time to be honest id like to but you know how these things are. Sometimes although you could probably do a job its better to just gt someone in to do it for you as its quicker and allows you time to do other things.

I was concerned with the setting out around the windows and that still concerns me as there are a lot of factors to make it lk nice. Same as our tiling really only we can adjust ours laterally and the roof tiles only have a small amount of movement in either direction.

Having said all that i do have to get the gear up there for him as that was the deal on the price he gave me. 3000 large pan tiles and 2700 plain tiles! Not looking frward to that one!:oops:
had to take mine old ones down and take the new ones up to 6000 of them wish i had done mine would of made a better job of it myself but did fix about 10 % of them and cut most of the cuts on my wet cutter

R

Rob Z

Scott, it's great to see the shots of your progress and the methods for framing used in the UK. :thumbsup:

It doesn't look like a proper construction site, however--no beer cans laying all around. :D

S

Scott

Well its been some time since i last posted on the progress and i have to say im really really pleased with the overall look of the house.

I've never really gone out on a whim and tried anything too ambitious but this has really put me up against it and i think i won the battle. DSC01960 (1200x900).jpg DSC01931 (1200x900).jpg DSC02171 (1200x900).jpg DSC02152 (1200x900).jpg DSC01915 (1200x900).jpg DSC02154 (1200x900).jpg DSC02153 (1200x900).jpg DSC02172 (900x1200).jpg

Reply to My little loft conversion in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I spend some time in doorways. NOTE THAT DAN HAS CREATED THIS NEW 2024 SHOW US YOUR TILE...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen