Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss My little loft conversion in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

Scott

Thought i post some pics of the work so far on my new loft conversion.

Pics show a delapitated bungalow stuck somewhere in the 60s and the subsequent scaffolding and removal of the roof.

Attachments

• DSC01212 (1200x900).jpg
    327.6 KB · Views: 92
  • DSC01417 (1200x900).jpg
    314.2 KB · Views: 92
  • DSC01466 (1200x900).jpg
    353.5 KB · Views: 86
S

Scott

Roof is now off, steels in and finaly after many delays the roof trusses arrived last Friday and they are MASSIVE!

I didnt really gauge just how big they would be, nor how heavy. Just over 12 1/2 metre long and 179kgs each!

Attachments

• DSC01657 (1200x900).jpg
    442.3 KB · Views: 57
  • Roof trusses arrive (1200x900).jpg
    311.1 KB · Views: 65
  • It fits! (900x1200).jpg
    306.2 KB · Views: 70
  • DSC01472 (900x1200).jpg
    376.6 KB · Views: 67
  • DSC01478 (1200x900) (1200x900).jpg
    316.2 KB · Views: 69
U

user123

Progress photos :hurray: we love them! But why is the scaffolding so high? Looking forward to the rest :thumbsup: Ah, more pics just arrived, maybe that'll explain it...

Blimey!! SOME loft conversion!!! Exciting or what?! :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Scott

:oops:
Progress photos :hurray: we love them! But why is the scaffolding so high? Looking forward to the rest :thumbsup: Ah, more pics just arrived, maybe that'll explain it...

Blimey!! SOME loft conversion!!! Exciting or what?! :thumbsup:

MG you sound like me neighbours! You been talking to them?

Mark, lots of insulating to be done :thumbsdown:

Im half way through fitting the base trusses and have managed to do all bar 3 of them on my own :yikes:

The other trusses shown halfway throught he roof are the top hats that make up the full triangular truss. These have to be lifted by hand, they are 80 kgs a pop and so far not managed to get one up on my own.

By the way, i have never built a roof before

Attachments

• DSC01659 (1200x900).jpg
    311.7 KB · Views: 57
  • DSC01665 (1200x900).jpg
    332.5 KB · Views: 60
  • DSC01667 (1200x900).jpg
    290.9 KB · Views: 68
  • Top hats coming in (1200x900).jpg
    357.7 KB · Views: 73
Last edited by a moderator:
S

Scott

There are 2 Dave, i decided to put as much effort into getting them down as the team did at playing footie.

M

mikethetile

ive been rained off much of this week scott, i nearly dropped by to see how your getting on but got side tracked by the mod, wish I had now as I could have given you a hand to shift the trusses , im off to france tomorrow so I havent got time now

these pics are deceptive, that little bungalow is actually a nice size bungalow and the tophat is massive, its going to be a rather nice house when its finished . plenty of room for a growing family

M

mikethetile

G the rumour around the town is that they are building a new block of flats up scotts road:lol:

S

Scott

Not so little then mate. What are those pink squirly spray painted bits on the wood for?

They are the safe walking areas, contrary to popular belief that red = danger for us it safe. The most visible colour when you are walking around, especially when carrying really heavy trusses!

Im going to do a thread on adding noggins when the time comes and will do a step by step bathroom installation from this stage up to the finished room.

Reply to My little loft conversion in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks