Search the forum,

Discuss My little loft conversion in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

mikethetile

ive been rained off much of this week scott, i nearly dropped by to see how your getting on but got side tracked by the mod, wish I had now as I could have given you a hand to shift the trusses , im off to france tomorrow so I havent got time now

these pics are deceptive, that little bungalow is actually a nice size bungalow and the tophat is massive, its going to be a rather nice house when its finished . plenty of room for a growing family

M

mikethetile

G the rumour around the town is that they are building a new block of flats up scotts road:lol:

S

Scott

Not so little then mate. What are those pink squirly spray painted bits on the wood for?

They are the safe walking areas, contrary to popular belief that red = danger for us it safe. The most visible colour when you are walking around, especially when carrying really heavy trusses!

Im going to do a thread on adding noggins when the time comes and will do a step by step bathroom installation from this stage up to the finished room.

U

user123

What does that mean then? I don't normally get to see this all going on, everythig's done by the time I get there:whatchutalkingabout

It's just a guess Ken, this approach is used when separating and rejoining sections of mosaics in the reverse method, so I thought something along those lines may apply here? Basically you have one big area that needs taking to pieces for whatever reason and replacing later - this could be the case here (as said, just a guess) if the boards have been cut to size beforehand. You draw squiggly lines all over the area the lines of which are then easy to marry /match up later when faced with having to organise similar looking pieces.

Then again, in this case it might be some sort of shorthand for underfloor heating? Quite curious myself! :smilewinkgrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
U

user123

They are the safe walking areas, contrary to popular belief that red = danger for us it safe. The most visible colour when you are walking around, especially when carrying really heavy trusses!

Im going to do a thread on adding noggins when the time comes and will do a step by step bathroom installation from this stage up to the finished room.

Oh wow, so that's what it is, ignore eveything I said then Ken! :lol:

S

Scott

I know what you mean though Ken i dont normally get to see or do the 'bones' of it. Im really enjoying it as its a ll anew challenge.

Still looking after the kids and doing the cooking and house chores as well sucks! Roll on next week for the start of the summer holidays then i can really get stuck into it.

Reply to My little loft conversion in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen