Discuss Mosaics in a shower advice in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Jim Bob

TF
Reaction score
Good afternoon. First time posting. Been watching the forum for a while, all the advice I’ve needed I’ve been able to find.

I’m tiling my shower soon. One wall is going to be mosaics. Hexagons, not my choice. But hey. Do as I’m told. I’ve done quite a few showers and bathrooms, not a professional but no complaints. I normally back butter every tile, but how do you back butter mosaics without the addy pushing through the mesh ? Last time I did some mosaics I used the plastic mesh backing as I needed to bring them out slightly to batch the wall tile. But they are on a shelf in a bathroom with no risk of getting wet.
do I need those sheets for the shower? I don’t see any tilers on Instagram sites using them.

Thanks for any help. Much appreciated.

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Good afternoon. First time posting. Been watching the forum for a while, all the advice I’ve needed I’ve been able to find.

I’m tiling my shower soon. One wall is going to be mosaics. Hexagons, not my choice. But hey. Do as I’m told. I’ve done quite a few showers and bathrooms, not a professional but no complaints. I normally back butter every tile, but how do you back butter mosaics without the addy pushing through the mesh ? Last time I did some mosaics I used the plastic mesh backing as I needed to bring them out slightly to batch the wall tile. But they are on a shelf in a bathroom with no risk of getting wet.
do I need those sheets for the shower? I don’t see any tilers on Instagram sites using them.

Thanks for any help. Much appreciated.
Simply use a suitable notched trowel so adhesive isn’t squashing up through the joints and pat them into position with a grout float. No buttering required.

Jim Bob

TF
Reaction score
Simply use a suitable notched trowel so adhesive isn’t squashing up through the joints and pat them into position with a grout float. No buttering required.
Oh really ? Simple as that. Been panicking that I’m not going to get good coverage. Once the shower trap arrives I’ll crack on. Thanks for the advice.

Reply to Mosaics in a shower advice in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks