Search the forum,

Discuss mixer shower in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

dave l and l

looking to buy a mixer shower for the bathroom. anyone got any idea which one i should get willing to spend up to 300, preferably alot less mind you

B

BARRONBATHROOMS

Depends on what hot water service you have( unvented, combi, gravity). If it is a concealed mixer I have fitted loads of Hudson reed/ ultra mixers. Very reliable solid brass they also do all the shower heads. I try and stay away from thermostatic mixer bars as they restrict the flow of water. Try sanctuary bathrooms or bathroom builders!

P

Plumbing Tiler

I would stick to a named brand like Trevi, Mira or Grohe, with a bit of searching you should find one for around £200-£250 depending on the model, this ensures that should you need spares in the future you will still be able to get them, should you wish to save money then try Home of Ultra, they are pretty good and not too expensive and I think they come with a 10 yr warranty, I have used them a few times and did have a problem once with sticking check valves and they sent an engineer out to site to change them free of charge!, should be able to get one for about £150, I have seen lots of Bristans with problems not turning off and dripping which requires a new cartridge at £95 so would steer clear of them, good luck!

Q

Qwerty

Mira all day long. The Mira Atom or Stylus have always proved popular with my clients (I have two Mira Stylus showers fitted in my own home)

D

dave l and l

cool good info i had looked at the bristans but i was swaying towards the mira excel 360. i know it was a good buy a few years back but is there much difference beyween that and a shower that costs 150 for saying sakes

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I'm just in the process of re-fitting my bathroom out and I've gone for Grohe. The plumber I used to work with always fitted these and has never been back to one. German technology at its best! :thumbsup:

P

Plumbing Tiler

cool good info i had looked at the bristans but i was swaying towards the mira excel 360. i know it was a good buy a few years back but is there much difference beyween that and a shower that costs 150 for saying sakes

I was having the same conversation with my bathroom supplier just the other day, the Excel is a superb mixer but it is very dated now, though it was the Rolls Royce of its day, save the extra cash and go for a cheaper model in my opinion, I have a Grohe and a Trevi indoors, both superb quality but I do fit alot of Mira, usually Element or Discovery and really can't fault them at the price, as Barron says, avoid the bar types, I fitted a Customer supplied Mira Coda one the other day and the flow rate and was truly awful!

D

dave l and l

cool i will check these out., need to get shower tray too, thankfully she has picked tiles already so that will save me shopping for them on a saturday

B

BARRONBATHROOMS

If you are fitting it to the floor use a low profile tray like jt40 or a pearlstone. If you fitting on legs Mira

Reply to mixer shower in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen