Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Marble tiles just over the weight limit in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
appologies for what has come up time and time again. However this one is so close to the guidelines I can’t work out what to do. I have never fitted marble tiles before, and always had plasterboard suit my tile weight limit. (Have been lucky I guess in the last 8 years! )

I have been asked to fit some 10mm 30x30 hexagon tiles in our next bathroom refurb. I have calculated the weights as from the guide posted some time ago for the correct wall material to be used. (marble 2.563 x 10mm 25.63 + adhesive at a compacted 3mm 2.162 x 3 = 6.486) total per square meter weight is 32.116. I had priced to moisture board the whole room (dot and dab method with mechanical fixings) I know the limit is 32kg but as this is only very slightly over would any of you risk it? Or would you be going down the tile backer route, if so which backer board and what method would you use onto solid brick walls? I know this has come up time and time again, but this is so close to the limit I’m really not sure what to do! Thanks for taking the time to read this, john

S

Spud

the limit is a guide and it is so close you would be fine in my opinion just make sure the walls are spot on plumb every tiler on here has exceeded these limits at some point in the past as most werent even aware of this guideline until a few years ago

Reply to Marble tiles just over the weight limit in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks