Discuss Mapei JOTM Prizes - PLEASE READ ME in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
It's come to our attention that some members who have won the JOTM prizes from Mapei are not playing fair. Claiming prizes have been undelivered when they in fact have, twice in some cases as a gesture of good will, with the second time including more goodies of which have ended up on eBay!!

Mapei are again sending more out (for the third time in some cases) with extra goodies in.

Mapei send these out free of charge for those that win JOTM, and to be honest they've become the main supporting sponsors of the JOTM competition for doing so.

With immediate effect if I find out that A) a member is purposely lying in order to receive more goodies, or B) a member is selling on the goodies, especially on eBay which devalues Mapei's brand, then the member will be banned permanently and I will tell the rest of the forum members who the person was so they have to bow their head in shame when they next meet.

Sticking them on eBay to make a few quid is completely unfair. If you want a few quid then let me know via PM and I'll gladly post out a cheque, we have your address to send it to. Just don't sell the stuff on to anybody!!!! And especially not on eBay!!!

Saying the goods have not arrived when they have is just disgusting. The member(s) know who they are and I think they should stay away from me for a few weeks as I'm fuming. Tread carefully whilst you're on the forum during that time as I'd be quite happy to ban your account for doing this.

If you want to get out of the bad books, send the goods back to mapei with an apology and let me know when you've done so.

B

b30 villain

some people eh:mad2: whats in the bloody things if they are sellin on ebay:lol:

M

mikethetile

Blimey , I never saw that coming and tbh I never would have believed it from members here

U

user123

God, I'm really upset by this, is this absolute fact?? Really really? No mistake, Dan?

M

mikethetile

problem now is that there are jotm winners that have done nothing wrong and are going to be upset about this as they will feel that they will be tarred with the same brush

P

Pebbs

Well it wasnt me..because Ive never won nothing. If anyone was that hard up, Id have lent them a couple of quid with the appropriate APR of course.

Shame on those that stooped to do this.

Lynn

I

Ian

I can sort of understand selling the items if they weren't wanted or going to be used, but pretending it hasn't arrived to get more, thats just theft, simple. I hope this person is more honest and trustworthy when they are in other peoples homes.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
God, I'm really upset by this, is this absolute fact?? Really really? No mistake, Dan?

I'm afraid so. There's not a chance Mapei have sent two lots to a couple of people, and then STILL they've not arrived?! - and then the extra item for being late with the goodies due to lack of stock of the t-shirts, was seen on eBay!

problem now is that there are jotm winners that have done nothing wrong and are going to be upset about this as they will feel that they will be tarred with the same brush

No not at all. The JOTM winners who have done no harm should know I'm not talking about them. And it doesn't really tar them all with the same brush just by using the term 'a couple of the JOTM winners have....'

Those that have done this clearly must know who they are. I'm not even going to find out the names from Mapei as I'll probably end up banning them and I'm sure I'll calm down in a couple of weeks. Though I do know the guys who let us know they hadn't received them. I'm sure most were genuine cases as mapei did say some have not gone out as they're waiting for their suppliers to make the Mapei goods. However they've now sent out more, this is the third time (because mapei don't want to upset anybody and want to make sure people HAVE actually got their gear). This time we will have tracking numbers and I'll physically see that it's been signed for and delivered.

S

Stewart

If true (and i'm shocked if it is!!) then lying about receiving prizes to get replacements is tantamount to theft and should be delt accordingly!

Reply to Mapei JOTM Prizes - PLEASE READ ME in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay