Discuss Manufacturer Supplier Training in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

A

Andrew Case

After I complete my tiling course I want to get on as many related courses as possible. I know manufacturers will push their own products but I figure immersing myself in as much to do with tiling as poss and absorbing as much info can only be a good thing.

Any ideas on who offers training days? Product training etc? Wet rooms?

mz30

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Andrew its is always good to diversify with products ,methods etc.
Personally i think you maybe putting the cart before the horse,learn the basics first,master them and then move on to more advanced stuff,there are loads of guys who do tiling courses and think they know the game,experience will come dont rush it.

When i started i was'nt allowed to tile for a long time (over a year) i was told to grout,learn how to finish the job first(what i was taught).

Sort of a backwards method but it worked for me,as for training days i would suggest asking guys on site if you could come and learn methods with them.

martin1c

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Went on the Mapei training day which was good. I didn't learn anything more about tiling etc but learnt more about their products and how best to use them. Mapei have the right idea in that they are investing in their future customers by offering the free training days. Other companies still offer the courses but expect you to pay for them.

W

White Room

Went on the Mapei training day which was good. I didn't learn anything more about tiling etc but learnt more about their products and how best to use them. Mapei have the right idea in that they are investing in their future customers by offering the free training days. Other companies still offer the courses but expect you to pay for them.

Agree with the above, don't understand why companys charge to push their products, it's got to be the Mapei way...

A

Andrew Case

Thanks guys. Ill look at Mapei. I will be building up work a little at a time. Want to do very small jobs for a while. But i like learning new things all the time, so manufacturer courses are something i am interested in.
I am planning on re-doing my bathroom as the grout / silicone is leaking and the walls are out badly etc. So wetroom training is top of my list too. I am only interested in doing domestic work, i have no interest in site work. Have done it before on the electrical side and its not for me.

G

Gazzer

Mapei days are great. If you want too know more about their tanking then request this when booking a day. They will go more in depth for you.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I too would go on all the training days I could find. And also all the trade days/mornings when reps are going too. Make loads of notes, and then just take from it what you do when needed. It all sinks in somewhere. lol

G

Gazzer

Most adhesive companies have such days as do Schutler, Impey etc...although some are chargeable .

martin1c

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I requested Literature from impey which was sent out with a letter telling me that if I acted quickly I could go on their training course and it would be half price. I think I was quoted around £125. Will I be recommending impey in the future? No. I will recommend mapei though because they wanted to invest in me.

A

Aston

i am sure schluter are doing some free training days soon. send them an email and see whats available. cant do any harm if their free and you have a day here and there to spare.

Reply to Manufacturer Supplier Training in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

We have been a member on the tilers forums pretty much from the start in 2006, we are one of the...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Mapei Academy Mapei UK Free Tiling Courses Practical or Online The ceramic course covers the...
Replies
Views
Morning all. Dan asked me to post up a thread about our training centre which he can then use...
Replies
Views
Hello, first post, asking about career change and possible entry route into the industry. I know...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay