Search the forum,

Discuss Manufacturer Supplier Training in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

mz30

TF
Arms
liverpool
Andrew its is always good to diversify with products ,methods etc.
Personally i think you maybe putting the cart before the horse,learn the basics first,master them and then move on to more advanced stuff,there are loads of guys who do tiling courses and think they know the game,experience will come dont rush it.

When i started i was'nt allowed to tile for a long time (over a year) i was told to grout,learn how to finish the job first(what i was taught).

Sort of a backwards method but it worked for me,as for training days i would suggest asking guys on site if you could come and learn methods with them.

martin1c

TF
Arms
Cheshire
Went on the Mapei training day which was good. I didn't learn anything more about tiling etc but learnt more about their products and how best to use them. Mapei have the right idea in that they are investing in their future customers by offering the free training days. Other companies still offer the courses but expect you to pay for them.

W

White Room

Went on the Mapei training day which was good. I didn't learn anything more about tiling etc but learnt more about their products and how best to use them. Mapei have the right idea in that they are investing in their future customers by offering the free training days. Other companies still offer the courses but expect you to pay for them.

Agree with the above, don't understand why companys charge to push their products, it's got to be the Mapei way...

A

Andrew Case

Thanks guys. Ill look at Mapei. I will be building up work a little at a time. Want to do very small jobs for a while. But i like learning new things all the time, so manufacturer courses are something i am interested in.
I am planning on re-doing my bathroom as the grout / silicone is leaking and the walls are out badly etc. So wetroom training is top of my list too. I am only interested in doing domestic work, i have no interest in site work. Have done it before on the electrical side and its not for me.

Reply to Manufacturer Supplier Training in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Morning all. Dan asked me to post up a thread about our training centre which he can then use...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.