Discuss Loose Tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

W

White Room

Took this floor up last week, not even 6mm ply on the scene and she said the tiler was good :confused:.

But it had been down 20 years, few cracks and missing grout on the edges where there was a lack of adhesive.

Took all of 20 minutes to lift:)

SAM_0366.JPG SAM_0367.JPG SAM_0368.JPG SAM_0369.JPG SAM_0370.JPG

Q

Qwerty

Don't you just love jobs like that!
Did you level & board it?

I've got the opposite to rip out this week starting tomorrow.....a 4 year old wet room. Well fitted tiles, but badly tanked. I know it's going to be a slog ripping it out!

E

ExplodingPudding

Hardiebacker is so much better than 18mm ply. The amount of times customers go "I'll ply it!" and I'm just like "Well you said you didn't want to raise the floor"...

To be fair, at work we have a 12mm sample of HBB encased in water since 2006. Still in perfect knack!

T

Tile Shop

Hardiebacker is so much better than 18mm ply. The amount of times customers go "I'll ply it!" and I'm just like "Well you said you didn't want to raise the floor"...

To be fair, at work we have a 12mm sample of HBB encased in water since 2006. Still in perfect knack!

Ha ha...... we've got them too. Same batch 2006. I think it will out live the plastic box it came in.

We also have a WP1 showerkit box (cardboard) tanked and a rose bush growing in it. Been watered nearly every day since 2014. Box still in perfect condition.

Reply to Loose Tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay