Search the forum,

Discuss looking to work with somebody in manchester. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

leemichael

been a chef since i was 16 and decided to change my career.
im 33 now and about 6 months ago did a week long tiling course.
i know there are longer and better courses out there but it taught me the basics and pointed me in the right direction.
after the course i tiled my bathroom and kitchen,and then did some work for family and friends.
since then i've kitted myself out with a rubi and all the tools aswell as a van.
been getting a bit of work from word of mouth and advertising in and around the area.Done a few kithens and bathrooms including floors aswell.so i now consider myself to have a bit of experience.
i am still working at a restaurant part time.but only one evening in the week,and at weekend.so all my weekdays are free.
I was thinking of trying to work alongside somebody to pick up some more experience and obviously the extra work would come in handy.
so if anybody needs a hand in or around manchester or cheshire area i am willing and able.
also if anybody has any advice on generating work it would be much appreciated.
I really dont want to cook anymore and love my new tiling job.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Re: hello everone !

Welcome to the forum Lee.
I hope it all works out for you. Just don't sit at home waiting for the phone to ring - get out there and get your name about. Do a flyer / leaflet drop and/or stick some business cards in a few tile stores (but stay with the shop assistant for a bit and get to know them - they'll know you then too).

Reply to looking to work with somebody in manchester. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen