Search the forum,

Discuss Looking for advice for tiling the ceiling. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Keith

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Hi guys. I'm back after a terrible few years with my partners health. She is improving slowly. Got a neck aching job to do. I would like to know what trowel and adhesive you guys would use to lay 6"x 6" porcelain tiles on the ceiling. I was thinking a 4 mm notched trowel with a rapid set flex adhesive. I will be putting a backer board up because the ceiling is skimmed. Could I use durabase matting instead? Should I wear my motorbike helmet whilst tiling. Just like to say this is a brilliant forum and I enjoy every ones input.

Stefan

TF
Reaction score
If you're able to get Mapei rapid setting large format tile thin set in your area then I would go for it. I use it when I need to grout the same day as installation on smaller jobs. It is the fastest drying thin set I know of. Just be sure you are confident in your lines because this stuff dries really fast, so there is no time to go back and adjust your tile. "Mapei Ultraflex LFT White". Make sure it's this product, because the non LFT dries slower. Also, just to be sure, you can apply some crack isolation membrane with a grout float to the backerboard (along the seams about 6 inches on each side of the seams) just to be on the safe side.

Keith

TF
Arms
Reaction score
No it’s not a therapy rooom , it’s a small cloakroom to hang coats I believe. Will be starting next week.

Reply to Looking for advice for tiling the ceiling. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen