Currently reading:
London tiling update

Discuss London tiling update in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

cassie

:smile::smile::smile:hi pals, Cassie here again. Thanks for all the great advice you gave us. I won't mention the daily rate I get but I got a nice surprise. The guy were working for ain't from Israel like I thought. He's from Dubai, absolutely minted.
Anyway our lass came down last weekend and this Arab sheikh guy made a surprise visit. He were well impressed with the work and gave the gaffer £1000 cash for us to share out, happy days. He met our lass and asked what she was doing here, shopping trip to London she says, he gave her £100 to spend.
He brought 7 little Indian guys to give us a hand, load out, wash grout , bring us water, cook for us. Amazing !!!!!!!!!!
He said when we're finished we can have one each that'll work with us if we want. All you have to do is feed them and give them a place to kip. They're great workers
Loving London

Thanks again guys

C

cassie

Sorry Dan, I did check with the guy, they are legal. Apparently all the labour force in Dubai is Indian. He brought these ones as they have the correct paperwork. Their income would be below the tax threshold by a mile lol
He's bringing over one of the Irish lads that does Venetian plastering to do his bathrooms in Dubai I'd love to say how much coin he's gonna get but I know now not too . You wouldn't earn it in Sheffield that's for sure

C

cassie

Sorry dan, ah phoned our lass, it's legal. Here's some pics from me website, not allowed to post pics from the guys place, confidential clause or sumat

Attachments

• image.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 43
  • image.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 43
  • image.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 41
C

cassie

Any of you lads want to sub out your work down in London? 110 a day. I'm thinking about getting a camper van and staying down there in the week and coming back up home at the weekends. I can park on the driveway where I'm working or if the punters haven't got one just park it in a 24 hour asda car park or whatever. Our lass is up for it and is going to look for work herself in catering. Really opened my eyes to the possibilities it did down there. I have a few rentals up here and could add to it with 550 a week regular. Take off the petty there and back and some scran and I can still clear 400 a week.

C

cassie

Jesus Christ. So the plasterer is on like £330 a day? Deffo going down there again. Any leads would be much appreciated, lads. You can put all the obstacles you want in my way, but when the going gets tough, the tough get going. Here's one for you: this time in six months I'll be living in London full-time and I'll be coining £1500 a week. I listen to this over and over in my van. Makes you feel you can do anything.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Jesus Christ. So the plasterer is on like £330 a day? Deffo going down there again. Any leads would be much appreciated, lads. You can put all the obstacles you want in my way, but when the going gets tough, the tough get going. Here's one for you: this time in six months I'll be living in London full-time and I'll be coining £1500 a week. I listen to this over and over in my van. Makes you feel you can do anything.

Don't just chase the money. That'll backfire.

You want to say 'in 6 months time I'll be creating awesome plastering and tiling work in London' - and eventually you'll get paid what you're worth.

Reply to London tiling update in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement