Search the forum,

Discuss London tiling update in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

cassie

:smile::smile::smile:hi pals, Cassie here again. Thanks for all the great advice you gave us. I won't mention the daily rate I get but I got a nice surprise. The guy were working for ain't from Israel like I thought. He's from Dubai, absolutely minted.
Anyway our lass came down last weekend and this Arab sheikh guy made a surprise visit. He were well impressed with the work and gave the gaffer £1000 cash for us to share out, happy days. He met our lass and asked what she was doing here, shopping trip to London she says, he gave her £100 to spend.
He brought 7 little Indian guys to give us a hand, load out, wash grout , bring us water, cook for us. Amazing !!!!!!!!!!
He said when we're finished we can have one each that'll work with us if we want. All you have to do is feed them and give them a place to kip. They're great workers
Loving London

Thanks again guys

C

cassie

Lol, it wouldn't be a slave, I wouldn't be keeping him forever or selling him or ought. Handy just to have one for a few months if you got a good run. They're quick learners and they like it here. If you gave him £10 that would feed his family for a month I reckon so everyone's a winner

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Careful now mate.

They're clearly working illegally if they're not paying their taxes and haven't got the right visa etc etc - so don't post things about that sort of jazz on the forum as I'd rather not be involved one bit.

But I'm pleased to hear you're being looked after.

Any pictures of the job?

C

cassie

Sorry Dan, I did check with the guy, they are legal. Apparently all the labour force in Dubai is Indian. He brought these ones as they have the correct paperwork. Their income would be below the tax threshold by a mile lol
He's bringing over one of the Irish lads that does Venetian plastering to do his bathrooms in Dubai I'd love to say how much coin he's gonna get but I know now not too . You wouldn't earn it in Sheffield that's for sure

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll have to get them to give me a few quid and call it a training course then
I'd completely avoid using them personally! And I'd report them to immigration to who will check they're meant to be here.

Employing illegal workers carries HEFTY fines!!!

Reply to London tiling update in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen