Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Limestone floor - colour issues around edges after grouting in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

OP
G

goz

TF
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
You know sales

Do you have an off cut that you can grout the face of then let that dry and see if it stains also get another off cut and just get it wet with clean water and see how that looks .
I can give that a go, what are you thinking??

J

Just Rizzle

i only ever use lithothin products they very rarely go wrong.
what grout did you use?

F

Flintstone

The beauty of rapid all in one is you can seal damp stone and it lets the moisture out. Hopefully this sealer also let's the moisture out. It's ok using lithofin if you have loads of time on your hands .
That does look to me more like grout staining than moisture ingress.

OP
G

goz

TF
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies guys, I had only grouted 15m2 of 80m2 so stripped off the sealer and sealed remaining 65m2 with two coats of universeal rapid all in one, grouted and everything is awesome with that part of the floor, so now I’m left with 15m with this water ingress/staining ..... I’m really thinking it’s staining....
i only ever use lithothin products they very rarely go wrong.
what grout did you use?
Tilemaster grout 3000, almond, really come up nice, lovely grout , joints were only 5/6 mm and tile 15mm thick so didn’t feel the need for wide joint

OP
G

goz

TF
Reaction score
Gents, thank you for all your input , always appreciate it in times of blind panic!! All sorted, Harry has asked me to mention directly at Julian that it was indeed stained rather than moisture think he’s on the wind up!! Managed to get it out with the ltp grout cement and salt remover, the non acidic sister of grout stain remover. Brilliant stuff, think it’s pretty new on the market, check it out fellas
Upwards and onwards god speed!!

H

hmtiling

Gents, thank you for all your input , always appreciate it in times of blind panic!! All sorted, Harry has asked me to mention directly at Julian that it was indeed stained rather than moisture think he’s on the wind up!! Managed to get it out with the ltp grout cement and salt remover, the non acidic sister of grout stain remover. Brilliant stuff, think it’s pretty new on the market, check it out fellas
I also asked you to mention that's what I said it was:)
Glad it's sorted mate

D

Dumbo

Good to know it's good stuff

OP
G

goz

TF
Reaction score
Good to know it's good stuff
An after pic , great product
FF1BB8A6-E4CA-46E0-A633-AB9C2694BF8A.jpeg

Reply to Limestone floor - colour issues around edges after grouting in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
BIG_AL
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock