Discuss Laying tile floor in a 1930 refurb hall and kitchen in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

Staines

It's the first time i'v posted any questions on a forum board ... So here goes
I've moved into a 1930's property, lifted a parquet floor, knocked down a few walls and had an extension built. I now want to lay a slate porcelain tile floor but don't know where to start. The floor in the existing house has no dpc and is covered in black. I presume this is the bitumen glue for the parquet floor. This is patchly so the floor base is very 'Crumbly and dusty'. Should i be concerned about this. The old kitchen floor is made up of two levels with 25mm difference between them. Where walls have been removed has left floor levels lower again. The new extension has a dpc.
I am planning on laying insulation boards and electric under floor heating but don't know how to tackle all the different levels in floor. Do I need to put down a dpc.
Any guidance would be much appreciated. The total area is about 40m2 so want to get it right.

Reply to Laying tile floor in a 1930 refurb hall and kitchen in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Marley