Currently reading:
Largest floor tiles laid

Search the forum,

Discuss Largest floor tiles laid in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

T

Tommygun_ski

I am just curious if anyone laid or seen anything bigger than this as we were told those tiles are the largest format ever laid in Britain so far. I don't want to take a credit for that as I heard someone is manufacturing even larger format but only 3.5mm thick. Those iles are 3.2 x 1.2 m and 12mm thick. Each weight around 240kg. This is extremely dense porcelain with nano glass reflective finish layer. We did fix them using only suckers without any frames. Leveled with rubi tile level quick and cut with flex cs60.
IMAG0895.jpg

L

LM

This is getting silly, we'd be better off perfecting the polishing of stained concrete or improving resin floors.
This is factories measuring d^*ks.
There's a place for large formats, but this is getting silly, most people wouldn't know they were looking at a tile.
I think the cost, environmental and H&S implications of this will be its demise.
I could think of dozens of analogies to describe how silly this is getting!

C

Colour Republic

It's because some of these tiles weren't meant to be tiles in the first place @LEE MAC For example Neolith like I mentioned above is a sintered stone (a type of porcelain pressed under extreme measures) It is used a hell of a lot as a worktop, in fact that's its main market, but it also doubles up as building clading and extreme format tiles. It's not so much that they were trying to produce huge tiles, it's more it over spilled in to that market.

T

Tommygun_ski

It's because some of these tiles weren't meant to be tiles in the first place @LEE MAC For example Neolith like I mentioned above is a sintered stone (a type of porcelain pressed under extreme measures) It is used a hell of a lot as a worktop, in fact that's its main market, but it also doubles up as building clading and extreme format tiles. It's not so much that they were trying to produce huge tiles, it's more it over spilled in to that market.
That's right. Our tile is Cosentino. They mainly manufactured worktops or clads and now came here with floor and walls coverings

Reply to Largest floor tiles laid in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I am a noob trying to tile our shower. Since the old tiles were taken off, some of that wall material has been taken off as well, so everything had to be smoothed. After smoothing with some...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is 4.5m x 1.8m. The top third of the room is totally level. The remainder of the room has a slope...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid down several years ago by a previous owner, and it looks like it was also polished and sealed -...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent bathroom (600x600 porcelain, about 25m walls and floors) which went pretty well. I'm now having a go...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement