• Thanks for visiting TilersForums.com, the Tile Advice Forum. It's free to join if you'd like to register and ask a question should you not be able to search for your answers already. :)
uHeat Official Forum Sponsor for Underfloor Heating (Electric and Wet)
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Kitchen Floor tiling on Latex Self Levelling Compound in the Tiling Forum | Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

UK Pro Tiling Training
Hi all, needed some advice. Can you fit kitchen floor tiles on a surface made level using a latex self levelling compound.

Can you tile straight onto the latex levelled surface or would you need to do something else before laying the tiles.

I hope i have been clear and if not apologies as this is my first time and i really am not a DIY person. Please as any questions if you need clarification and i will try my best to answer.

Regards

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Prime first using an acrylic primer...
Then tile...
Andy many thanks for your swift reply. So just to clarify application of the primer on the latex levelled surface and then tile straight on?

No need for sand and cement? Might be a dumb question.

jcrtiling

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reactions
4,488 57 1
What member type are you?
Professional Wall and Floor Tiler
Yes prime the latex then fix tiles using a flexible cement based adhesive .

Reply to Kitchen Floor tiling on Latex Self Levelling Compound in the Tiling Forum | Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

The Wetroom Store - TilersForums.com Sponsor

Tiling Forum

Get free wall and floor tiling advice from TilersForums.com's Tiling Forum. Both DIY and professional wall and floor tilers use this forum to make sure their tiling is spot on.

New Threads (Sitewide)

Top Bottom

Use TilersForums.com to find Tiling Jobs or your Local Tilers for free. Get tiling tools at the best prices via the forum.