Search the forum,

Discuss Killed my dry cutter in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
RIP my little ts 40 plus i know it well in fact its not cut squarly for some time but i automatically adjust the tile to overcome the problem but its finally died today so scrap it is

I need to buy a new one do i stick with Rubi

ive got a tx700n for bigger stuff so i just need one to cope with normal bathroom walls type stuff as im not doing a lot of tiling these days i like to buy of tt as a norm but if hes not doing sigma then i might need to look at other options

W

White Room

I have a Tx same as you but have a sigma which goes upto 530mm and find it very good cutter.

M

Mike

i had my sigma from diatech in scotland. best cutter ive ever used or seen for that matter.

D

DHTiling

Here we go..:lol:( Sigma brigade)

Chris how old was your belated rubi ..? you can still get parts to bring it back to life and the cutting out of square would just have been the rail mechanism rubbers.

I have a ts40 that is around 18yrs old now.. i will never part with it.. sentimental value and all that.,

A

andy ocean

dont bin it repair it. my ts40 which is 8yrs old was cutting like a banana. i got a new rail system from trade tiler and stripped it down...good as new.:hurray:

K

karlm98

i have a rubi ts40 plus and it cut out of square, i adjusted it with a square and the correct allen key. TT will be able to get all the parts to repair it.
I have just bought a Sigma..fantastic cutter but i still love my ts40..i like the fact i can see the wheel and cut from mark to mark on offset cuts.

Reply to Killed my dry cutter in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen