Search the forum,

Discuss Is tanking required with a domestic shower? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

doug boardley

I always advise on tanking a shower area, but like you said customers don't always want to know. I use the homelux stuff nowadays from Topps and it's simple to use and cheap at £45 for 5m2.

I did a shower tray and recommended this to the customer and a tile shop in Chesterfield then told customer it was'nt necessary, lol. Can't win!!:mad2:
this is a battle, also site agents with the "we've never done it before, and always used pva" Shop assistants get up my nose when they give out this sort of duff info:mad2:

R

Rob Z

Re: Is tanking required with a domestic shower?....and "Wat

I did a shower tray and recommended this to the customer and a tile shop in Chesterfield then told customer it was'nt necessary, lol. Can't win!!:mad2:

Same thing here...I've had the customer already to pay for mud work, waterproofing, and epoxy grout...only to have the nitwit in the showroom tell them "Ohhh, no one does mudwork...cement board is more than enough".....and "No need for epoxy grout, just use a sealer"...and "waterproofing really is just an upgrade that you don't really need unless it's a high use shower like with 4 kids taking showers every day."

GGRRRRRRRR!!!!!!:incazzato:

F

faithhealer

Re: Is tanking required with a domestic shower?....and "Wat

Same thing here...I've had the customer already to pay for mud work, waterproofing, and epoxy grout...only to have the nitwit in the showroom tell them "Ohhh, no one does mudwork...cement board is more than enough".....and "No need for epoxy grout, just use a sealer"...and "waterproofing really is just an upgrade that you don't really need unless it's a high use shower like with 4 kids taking showers every day."

GGRRRRRRRR!!!!!!:incazzato:
Mudwork translation Rob?

Reaction score
I have a Bathroom installed by B&Q and three contractors he said ink written statement that he does not tank and B&Q don't want to know about the job

Attachments

• Northwest Joinery why do you install bathrooms..pdf
    140 KB · Views: 9

Reply to Is tanking required with a domestic shower? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen