Search the forum,

Discuss How to tile an internal corner in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Bond

TF
Arms
Reaction score
sorry, i do it on internal corner walls of showers, if one wall is a stud wall,it seals the corner, it and i'd rather look at grout in the corner instead of silicon.

Similar situation to doing external rendering/rough casting around window/door reveals where some will sandwich silicone sealant between the scratch and top coats, it ensures the seal movement joint is encapsulated. Then finish with an additional seal on top. I guess it’s down to what you have been taught. Preference etc.

Reaction score
yes but i have found that if the grout does crack then the silicon in behind stops the water penetrating, and i've went back to showers years after having used this method and and the silicon helps to stop the grout in the corner cracking. also no one wants to look ak a newly tiled shower with silicon in the corner, no matter how well the silicon is fitted.

Bond

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I personally don’t have a problem with your methods, if that’s the way you do it, and it works, don’t be put off by what others might say.

F

Flintstone

What do you do with floor to wall joint and other internal corners out of the wet area ?

T

Time's Ran Out

I do internal corners of shower areas and along baths with a double bead of silicone.

Reply to How to tile an internal corner in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen