Search the forum,

Discuss How to set out for an off centre window using bevelled metro tiles in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Nixxxy

-
Reaction score
Hello, I am looking for some advice on how to set out my tiles. I think I have a solution but looking for second opinions/better solutions.

I have a window off centre in my bathroom which I am wall tiling with bevelled metro tiles. If I centre from the window I get uneven cuts at each end and small. If I centre from the wall the cuts will look odd at the window corners.

I have fixed this (I think) with centre from the window and cutting part of the tile back 1 in from each side. Cut slightly more back on the RHS to create equal end pieces. Is this correct?

Photo 1 - centre from wall
IMG_1989.jpeg
Photo 2 - centre from window
IMG_1990.jpeg
Photo 3 - cuts to each 1 in from sides
IMG_1991.jpeg

Reaction score
Don’t cut the tiles one in from end , especially bevelled metros!, it will look rubbish - honestly it’ll stick out like a sore thumb!

Looks like you have a 1700 bath, so about 8 1/2 metros across.

I’d start whole tile (or fraction less, depending on if adjacent wall leans in/out) at one end, leaving half the other end. This will then be reversed on next row (assuming you are doing brick bond) - you’ll just have to let the window happen!!

Reply to How to set out for an off centre window using bevelled metro tiles in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen