Search the forum,

Discuss How to let a customer down! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

O

On one

Whilst I have never priced a job to not get it, I fear if I price high on this job I might just end up getting it!
There is just too many things going against this job!
35m2 kitchen floor, Kitchen fitter in as we speak,
600mm x 600mm pale coloured polished porcelain with transit wax,
Customer has ordered the tiles from the internet(not enough addy, too much grout),
Grey adhesive, ivory grout,
No residue remover,
The first tiler has left because he has had to go to a bigger contract!,not before pouring slc and creating something you could ski down!(more slc could prove impossible)
An island base unit to work around,plus tiling into and out of washing/dishwasher machine and freezer areas,
And he wants it doing ASAP

Any one have any public relations expeirence?

T

The D

Tell it as it is and how you want thing done and if they don’t like it they can choose not to use you

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
just tell him your not interested in the job, and wont be quoting, ive done this a few times when I get a feeling the jobs going to be a nightmare, or you just know there going to be the customers from hell, kind of get a sixth sense for these things after a while, just tell them thanks but i'll give the job a miss.........or just ignore them....lol

O

On one

Hi Andy, I dont think the customer will be from hell....maybe the job will be! I won't be ignoring them either...just not my style, I treat customers like how I would expect to be treated. The hard part will be trying to let them down gently, without getting drawn into doing the job(the soft clart that I am)

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
the ignoring bit was a joke, like I said if you don't want to do the job just be honest and tell them, better all round then, they can start looking for another tiler, and your not string them along..

P

Peter

Put in a wonder price and then in the off chance that you get the job then you'll be well covered.

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Tell them you have just secured a nine month contract at Heathrow airport, you priced this job months ago, and have just been given the green light. Due to this you are unable to take on any domestic work for the foreseeable future, to my shame I have used this one a few times.:sofahide::lol:

C

charlie1

Tell them you have just secured a nine month contract at Heathrow airport, you priced this job months ago, and have just been given the green light. Due to this you are unable to take on any domestic work for the foreseeable future, to my shame I have used this one a few times.:sofahide::lol:

Yeah but I bet you where not kidding lol

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score

i'll have to remember that one....:thumbsup: makes a change from the 'ive just broke my arm or leg' one lol

M

mattle40

It's alright until little olds Mavis gets five tilers in and none can do it cos they've all secured 9 month contracts at heathrow!

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

i'll have to remember that one....:thumbsup: makes a change from the 'ive just broke my arm or leg' one lol

Andy I have tried those excuses before, my worst one was as an apprentice if I wanted to duck a day I used to phone in and tell them my Grandma had died. It worked for four or five times until my boss asked me, "how many Grandma's do you have?" I was only 15yrs at the time.:oops:

Reply to How to let a customer down! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen