Search the forum,

Discuss How to get the best result at cutting tile trims round corners in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

Alyn2511

How do I cut the plastic and metal trims around corners and the 3 way joints. I cut them with a hand cutter at the prefix 45 degree angle but they always look pants! Same issue with the 3 way joint. Any help would be appreciated guys

Thanks

P

PuPPeT

ive always used a mitre block and has always looked good but you can buy internal and external blocks for trims but in my experience they look rubbish.cant beat a mitre block.you can also by some snip type cutters for trims.wat do u mean by a 3 way joint????

R

Rookery

The trim cutter I've got tends to squash plastic trim so I always use a mitre block and hacksaw. Some of the pre-formed corners I've used dont fit that well and aren't always the exact same colour as the lengths.

C

charlie1

I think some trims are harder to get perfect...homelux , while others are really good... Genesis!

Reaction score
G

GoneGuy

Hi, I'm trying to find a quick neat and precise way of cutting mitres on metal trims. I'm thinking of investing in this cutter to do the job unless anybody has any better suggestions, feedback would be appreciated. Cheers Dave.
Sealey SM150D 230V 150mm Portable Saw - Power Tools, Disc Cutters, Electric - https://www.tool-net.co.uk/p-397020/sealey-sm150d.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIr8GXhKCK1wIVp5PtCh2nAgsCEAQYAyABEgLfBfD_BwE
Hi Dave, I’m sure one of the guys who use a similar cutter will drop by and give you some info.
I still use a mitre block for cutting all my trimsGenesis Premium Versatile Mitre Block - https://www.tilefixdirect.com/product/GTN900MB?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIxJSsztOK1wIVFuAbCh1Ntgd7EAQYASABEgLO5_D_BwE

Although I’m looking to either get a quansol mitre block or a similar cutter which you just posted.

Reply to How to get the best result at cutting tile trims round corners in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen