Search the forum,

Discuss How Hard Is This? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Just been to look at a 30m2 job, 19x57 cm wood effect planks. downstairs loo, hall, kitchen and utility all flowing through. Customer would like it herringbone on the 45. Never done it before and although I want to do one I'd rather cut my teeth on a single room. Don't like being out my comfort zone but am I overthinking it or will it be as tricky as I'm imagining?

F

Flintstone

I would probably go in at 1200 labour based on £40 a Meter, sounds a lot but measuring and cutting is a real pain. There abouts anyway, I've not seen the layout

O

Old Mod

Try and get them to except a border around perimeter Nick, of one tile or slightly under, it'll eliminate small cuts and take out any rake in the walls.
That way cuts can be kept constant.
Watch your set out on a centre line, u don't come off a centre line perse.
Your line is off centre.
I'd go in at your regular plank price plus 25-30%
But that's me.
Good luck mate!

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
This is one of those times when I would really love to work with one of you more experienced guys. The layout; kitchen units, stairs, toilet and doorways makes me think I'm going to be there forever doing difficult cuts (I'm not the fastest!!). It's not fair to expect a customer to pay for my slowness combined with the fact I've got bread and butter bathrooms stacking up I think I'll give this one a miss.

Reply to How Hard Is This? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen