Search the forum,

Discuss How best to conceal drill hole damage to enable removal of shower screen in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

chappedhands

On suite shower screen 2.jpg On suite shower screen 1.jpg

Thank you for being so kind with all your helpful responses.... I love this site!!

Above are two pictures of the problem shower screen so you can see the situation more clearly. We have installed travertine stone -- I think -- still looking for the receipt to make sure. The holes are very close to the side of the bath so I don't think a soap dish would work, but perhaps hooks could be put instead. Also, will the adhesive leave a mark? How hard is it for a professional tiler to replace the damaged tiles (how many hours of work to replace 2 tiles?).

C

chappedhands

I know shower curtains have a 'yucky' reputation in the UK -- sticks to your legs, is moldy, etc. In the North America they are different: you use an inner liner (like the UK shower curtains) and an outer curtain which is made of decorative fabric (and does not get wet). The outer curtain creates a vacuum effect and stops the liner curtains from moving while showering.

Toss the curtains in the washing machine every couple of weeks and -- hey presto -- they are never moldy!! Much less cleaning required than a shower screen where limescale creates misery.

Mouldy

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Mrs has done something similar at our house. Outer is a net curtain affair, inner is a standard white non patterened shower curtain. Held back out of the way when not in use by a tie back. As and when the shower curtain gets manky, then it either gets washed or thrown out. New curtain is what? £3 or there abouts? Used this arrangement now, (over a large bath), for around eleven years.

T

tfs

Before removing tiles I would try filling holes with grout which is a close match to the tile to see if you are haooy with this.

Sometimes when remving a tile you can end up remving more than you planned as you can damage the substrate which may need repairing prior to fixing the new tiles.

P

Perry

I know shower curtains have a 'yucky' reputation in the UK -- sticks to your legs, is moldy, etc. In the North America they are different: you use an inner liner (like the UK shower curtains) and an outer curtain which is made of decorative fabric (and does not get wet). The outer curtain creates a vacuum effect and stops the liner curtains from moving while showering.

Toss the curtains in the washing machine every couple of weeks and -- hey presto -- they are never moldy!! Much less cleaning required than a shower screen where limescale creates misery.

as i have in our main bathroom although i have shower doors in other bathrooms

Reply to How best to conceal drill hole damage to enable removal of shower screen in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen