Discuss Herringbone Floor Tiling Set Out in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
Depends which corner you put your centreline through. Right hand tiles or in the pictures case left hand.

I just worked from that line out.
I'll see if I can find some progress pictures from that job.

M

Mr Tiler

Depends which corner you put your centreline through. Right hand tiles or in the pictures case left hand.

I just worked from that line out.
I'll see if I can find some progress pictures from that job.
Would be appreciated ali did you not find it hard just working to the one line? Seems it might be a bit hard as the tile isnt following the line on the run like

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
FB_IMG_1442528203035.jpg FB_IMG_1442528203035.jpg FB_IMG_1442528210521.jpg FB_IMG_1442528215335.jpg FB_IMG_1442528224752.jpg FB_IMG_1442528228535.jpg FB_IMG_1442528233616.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
Would be appreciated ali did you not find it hard just working to the one line? Seems it might be a bit hard as the tile isnt following the line on the run like

Not at all. Made sure my border was set in perfectly level and more importantly square. So as long as you line splits perfectly centre 50/50 all the way from one side to the other.
Set my first cut at 45 degrees to the line (or border edge depending on how you look at it) and marked through my tiles with my square as mentioned earlier.
As long as the centre line runs through the top point and the line marked on the tile with the square then it's perfect.

As long as your measurements are spot on!

Last edited:

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
Just to mention (and not to cause a row) but this is a 1.5sqm floor, not the 25+ deano did in a day on site. I did this in a day and tool the same if not more than what 25sqm on site would pay.

See I think I can't do site through simply not being quick enough. That's because I lean more to the smaller details of tiling. I really enjoyed doing this because of the accuracy and intricacy of the floor.
I cut all the stone down from bigger pieces. Admittedly these were done the day before on the wet saw but only took about an hour.
The 45's I marked and cut with the grinder on site. Polished once fixed, sealed, grouted and a final Polish.

Reply to Herringbone Floor Tiling Set Out in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Marley