Search the forum,

Discuss Help With Trim Please in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

sharpting

Hi to all

Firstly, let me say I'm a DIY disaster so expect a stupid question below.

I have tiled my bathroom but didn't put the trim in at the point of doing the job. So now I have a gap where the tiles recess towards the window. I did buy some trim at time of doing the job but it got scuffed and didn't look very nice so decided to tile without it in the hope of getting some replacement and cutting the lip off that would otherwise sit underneath the tiles. I have joined the tiles with an L shape gap and the thickness of each tile is 10mm. The problem I have now is that B&Q (where I bought my original trim at 10x10mm) and everywhere else I look, doesn't stock it anymore. The only trim I can find is designed for butting up tiles. I'm not explaining myself very well here, so hopefully a picture will explain better.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

DSC_0321.JPG

T

Time's Ran Out

The picture explains it all!
:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
Sorry.

Buy some 10mm square profile aluminium or chrome and stick in the gap.

S

Spare Tool

As above, or maybe plastic 10 or 12mil quad with lip cut off.
I can't understand why folk buy trims or materials from BnQ, five times the price for a shorter length last time I looked. Surely you've got a Tile Giant or Topps localish..

F

Flintstone

As above, or maybe plastic 10 or 12mil quad with lip cut off.
I can't understand why folk buy trims or materials from BnQ, five times the price for a shorter length last time I looked. Surely you've got a Tile Giant or Topps localish..

Topps are probably about same price as b and q, rip off

Reply to Help With Trim Please in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hey everyone. Hope you are well. I want to learn how to tile and do a fairly basic bit of...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I am tiling my bathroom after removing old suite. I have used a batten all the way...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm trying to assess what prep is needed on the walls for my kitchen backsplash. We'll be...
Replies
Views
Hi I have two questions. First question. My bath is only 700 wide & im only going to tile to...
Replies
Views
Evening, Hope this post is in the correct section. If not, please feel free to move! I'm...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen