Discuss Hardened grout removal in the Tile Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

H573

New to TilersForums.com
Reaction score
I’ve been asked to clean up a bodged grout job.
The floor is large approximately 135m2 so the customer doesn’t want it all raking out and regrouting( in some places I’ll have to) what’s the best way to clean hardened grout of tiles ( see a few example pictures of what I’m dealing with generally)

7F55E0D1-9C8A-45A1-8CC2-D64D8016130B.jpeg

D88EAA7F-0EF2-4563-8B49-83B9F9922178.jpeg

jcrtiling

Getting away with it
Trusted Advisor
TTA Member
Tilers' Arms Member
Reaction score
Try an acid based product but test it in an inconspicuous area first , to be honest looking at the picture looks like grout cracked next to tiles indicating loose tiles .

pdc

Only a Handyman...
Admired Member
Trusted Advisor
Tilers' Arms Member
Reaction score
Looks old too. As above, acid based cleaner.

OP
H573

H573

New to TilersForums.com
Reaction score
Try an acid based product but test it in an inconspicuous area first , to be honest looking at the picture looks like grout cracked next to tiles indicating loose tiles .
Cheers Jcr, much appreciated. Just seen the job today, it’s a right mess. Thought so re the loose tiles. There’s hollow sounding tiles everywhere too.
Post automatically merged:

Looks old too. As above, acid based cleaner.
Thanks Pdc, I’ll see if I can find one here.

pdc

Only a Handyman...
Admired Member
Trusted Advisor
Tilers' Arms Member
Reaction score
I'd leave it well alone, I can just see it.... "All the tiles are coming up since you cleaned the grout"

RayTheTiler

Tilers' Arms Member
Reaction score
id walk from that night mare it will not be worth it more hassle than its worth its a pigs ear and you cant put lipstick on a pig believe me

Memoria damnata

New to TilersForums.com
Reaction score
old grout from the influx. Easy to remove by angle grinder. put a disk for cutting metal. need a vacuum cleaner.

Tile Advice Blog

Most Replied Threads

Recent Tile Advice Blog Posts

Top Bottom