• Thanks for visiting TilersForums.com, the Tile Advice Forum. It's free to join if you'd like to register and ask a question should you not be able to search for your answers already. :)
uHeat Official Forum Sponsor for Underfloor Heating (Electric and Wet)
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Hardened grout removal in the Tile Adhesive Advice | Buy Tile Adhesive Online area at TilersForums.com

Mapei Tile Adhesive - Official forum sponsor

H573

TF
Reactions
I’ve been asked to clean up a bodged grout job.
The floor is large approximately 135m2 so the customer doesn’t want it all raking out and regrouting( in some places I’ll have to) what’s the best way to clean hardened grout of tiles ( see a few example pictures of what I’m dealing with generally)

7F55E0D1-9C8A-45A1-8CC2-D64D8016130B.jpeg

D88EAA7F-0EF2-4563-8B49-83B9F9922178.jpeg

jcrtiling

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reactions
4,488 57 1
What member type are you?
Professional Wall and Floor Tiler
Try an acid based product but test it in an inconspicuous area first , to be honest looking at the picture looks like grout cracked next to tiles indicating loose tiles .

H573

TF
Reactions
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Try an acid based product but test it in an inconspicuous area first , to be honest looking at the picture looks like grout cracked next to tiles indicating loose tiles .
Cheers Jcr, much appreciated. Just seen the job today, it’s a right mess. Thought so re the loose tiles. There’s hollow sounding tiles everywhere too.
Post automatically merged:

Looks old too. As above, acid based cleaner.
Thanks Pdc, I’ll see if I can find one here.

W

WetSaw

I'd leave it well alone, I can just see it.... "All the tiles are coming up since you cleaned the grout"

RayTheTiler

TF
Arms
Reactions
715 8
id walk from that night mare it will not be worth it more hassle than its worth its a pigs ear and you cant put lipstick on a pig believe me

Reply to Hardened grout removal in the Tile Adhesive Advice | Buy Tile Adhesive Online area at TilersForums.com

New Threads (Sitewide)

UK Pro Tiling Training
Top Bottom

Use TilersForums.com to find Tiling Jobs or your Local Tilers for free. Get tiling tools at the best prices via the forum.