Search the forum,

Discuss Half tiled wall around bath- want to tile the rest as adding shower. Advice on prep please in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com.

S

Spare Tool

Might *just* be room to put a screen in. I think we will probably remove the tiles and tank the whole area for the shower...as you say do it once, do it right! Not worth the risk. Will it be possible to save any of them do you think? Or in your experience is it hard to get tiles off in one piece?

Cheers

View attachment 104212
You won't get them off without some breakages and chips and cleaning them up will take forever if you do manage to get a couple or three off intact...just get enough to start from scratch.

Dannnn

TF
Reaction score
So being a bit worried I’d bite off more than I could chew here, I contacted a tiler for a quote.

He’s coming tomorrow to look but told me it probably wouldn’t need tanking, if the baths been silicones then it would just need a bead of silicone at the bottom of the tiles to seal... and that it’s standard practice to double seal a shower and single seal a bath (whatever that means). I had mentioned it’s so we can add a shower.

Anyway, he’s coming to quote tomorrow... does what he’s said sound right? I don’t want a bodge job. Is there anything I need to be aware of and very roughly what would you expect a reasonable quote?

Thanks

Reply to Half tiled wall around bath- want to tile the rest as adding shower. Advice on prep please in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen